Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNC BANK Exposure

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SYNC BANK Exposure

Just cause you can have up to 100k in Sync exposure doesn't mean you SHOULD have that much exposure with Sync. Bank or you might just might get the blue envelope that everyone loves here so much on the site.  It has alot to do with you credit profile, scores and INCOME as well whether you should have high exposure with Sync.  Just my humble opinion.  If you make say 40k a year you shouldn't have 80k in Sync. credit(just an example).

Message 11 of 18
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Oh for sure, I wouldn't push it to that amount myself. Nothing to do with fear of blue envelopes.Though I probably could push it, if I wanted to. Synchrony sends me pre-approvals for other CCs from time to time without me requesting( I'm already at $80k exposure).
It really boils down to how well a person can manage credit. That alone can get you a boatload of offers from lenders. I dare say nearly regardless of income within reason.
If you show them you can handle it, they'll certainly try to give it to you.lol
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Oh for sure, I wouldn't push it to that amount myself. Nothing to do with fear of blue envelopes.Though I probably could push it, if I wanted to. Synchrony sends me pre-approvals for other CCs from time to time without me requesting( I'm already at $80k exposure).
It really boils down to how well a person can manage credit. That alone can get you a boatload of offers from lenders. I dare say nearly regardless of income within reason.
If you show them you can handle it, they'll certainly try to give it to you.lol

I've noticed banks will certainly try to give me more... Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Just cause you can have up to 100k in Sync exposure doesn't mean you SHOULD have that much exposure with Sync. Bank or you might just might get the blue envelope that everyone loves here so much on the site.  It has alot to do with you credit profile, scores and INCOME as well whether you should have high exposure with Sync.  Just my humble opinion.  If you make say 40k a year you shouldn't have 80k in Sync. credit(just an example).

40k shouldn't do 80k exposure with SYNC got it thanks! so my income being 28k and having under 30k exposure shouldn't be an issue as I'm not doing double in exposure compared with my income. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think eventually all banks will do some type of request for proof of income to give out big SLs.

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think eventually all banks will do some type of request for proof of income to give out big SLs.

If they're going to allow me the full privilege of accessing such capital like Amex has then

no problem as for proof of income that really should only apply to loans for cars and houses lines of

credit are not cash a loan deposited into someones checking account is very different and has more risk for

loss to whoever is providing it. Smiley Wink A line of credit not a loan can be declined, closed, reduced very different

products and while they are a risk for the issueing bank they have more control of that risk of loss enough said.

Message 16 of 18
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If they're going to allow me the full privilege of accessing such capital like Amex has then

no problem as for proof of income that really should only apply to loans for cars and houses lines of

credit are not cash a loan deposited into someones checking account is very different and has more risk for

loss to whoever is providing it. Smiley Wink A line of credit not a loan can be declined, closed, reduced very different

products and while they are a risk for the issueing bank they have more control of that risk of loss enough said.

Just remember...he who has the money makes the rules...not the other way around.   Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just remember...he who has the money makes the rules...not the other way around.   Smiley Wink

+1 Agreed

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.