cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNC Says See Ya, We Wouldn’t Wanna Be Ya. :-((((( All Card’s CLD!!

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

SYNC Says See Ya, We Wouldn’t Wanna Be Ya. :-((((( All Card’s CLD!!

• Nothing really takes me by surprise these days as I am a credit "detective" when it comes down to my reports. But I can honestly say I was not expecting anything quite like this. EXP seems to be the report that first gets the info. While checking over it I noticed my total available credit had tanked like $80K!!! 😲😲 I said to myself what the %*ll is going on here. Went over my closed accounts and it had risen by (6). I said this could only mean one thing, a Sync beat down!! All accounts with them are now officially CLD. Lowes $35---AMZ Prime $25---Care Credit $20k---PPMC $10k---PPC $10k=$100k gone!! No letter with an explanation to all this as of yet. Seems like it about to get real for a lot of us. Be prepared. 😢 Not a matter of inactivity with any account with exceptional of my care credit mentioned in another thread. No balances on the accounts which is a very good thing. While I am disappointed in losing a lot of hard earned available credit all at once. I am not going to lose any sleep over this. Sync cards have horrible interest rates. No BT offers, and most will PIF to avoid the rates. This too shall pass. When the dust all settles I will be better prepared profile wise. The way I look at the situation, Sync did something I should have done long ago. Trim the "Retail" herd. 😆😂

Just wanted to share this, and also prepare folks for what's certainly ahead. Thanks for looking. 😉

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: SYNC Says See Ya, We Wont Wanna Be Ya. :-(((((

Sorry to read of that brother!

Easy come, easy go!! 

You and I both have a crap ton of credit.😂

I like that you don't let it rattle you too much.

I feel the same way.

Trim away I say, as the creditors that stick around will reap those future swipes.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it either.

When things get back to normal. Synchrony will be beating your door down to get that business back.😃

The only one that I may miss would be my Lowes card. The rest, they can have back.

For every card they could close, I have a backup lender. And I know you do to.😉

Message 2 of 48
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Thanks @GirlGeorge. Be prepared. Keep swiping and you just might fall under the radar😉

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 3 of 48
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: SYNC Says See Ya, We Wouldn’t Wanna Be Ya. :-(((((

Sigh!

I really hate this for youSmiley Sad  You're not the first; won't be the last.  Thank you for sharing and you're right.....no need in losing any sleep over it. Just no need at all.  Too bad they're just so cut and dry about it.....but feelings aren't a part of the credit world.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 4 of 48
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@Gmood thanks brother! Appreciate the support! 😉😎. You know we where "stockpiling" lenders way back when, just for this particular moment! 😂😀😆.                   I will come back strong. Still got my AMZ biz card for the AMZ fix. I will miss Lowe's as well with the financing options. But have Home Depot commercial lending.PPMC was a good gravy run when they had the business debit giving out 3% but that was put to a halt. PPC is now non "hidden" so as AJC says"Sync go beat rocks" 😂😆😂😆

Message 5 of 48
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

@GApeachy, thanks for the kind words and support.Little did I know that I would be right back here a couple days latter with more bad news 😂😆. It is what it is. We will see a different lending landscape when it's all said and done. I will survive. And you will too! 😃

Message 6 of 48
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I'm sorry this happened to you and I'm glad it's not going to credit "hurt" you

Dang shame about Lowe's card ☹

Message 7 of 48
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: SYNC Says See Ya, We Wouldn’t Wanna Be Ya. :-((((( All Card’s CLD!!

Sorry @credit_endurance Smiley Sad  .. thanks for posting. It helps me to brace in place.

You seem to be taking it pretty well.

Message 8 of 48
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Echo everyone elses sentiment here and especially the Lowes card.  Glad you have a positive outlook on it though, youll be fine.  Like a bad relationship, not worth chasing cards that dont' want to be in your wallet!

Message 9 of 48
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@credit_endurance wrote:

Little did I know that I would be right back here a couple days latter 

I mean we know there's that possibility but still........(I have always expected such just from seeing how it happened to everyone I know during the housing bubble crisis.)  We all learned nothing is set in stone and hope everyone has adjusted for this type of downturn  reaction AGAIN.  

I will survive. And you will too! 😃

Absolutely!  I like your attitude. 

With your postings I hope others that did not or do not realize these forthcoming actions are very real for anyone for any number of reasons.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.