Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNCHRONY BANK/ASHLEY FURNITURE

tag
cgeefly
New Contributor

SYNCHRONY BANK/ASHLEY FURNITURE

Hello All:

I opened my Ashley Furniture card in 2017. Purchashed a bed, at 750.00. My limit was 1k. Paid the bed off in 2017, took about 6months.

I have not used it since, as they have not raised the limit past the 1k. Just got an alert on my credit report that they have closed the account due to inactivity. This will definitely add a zinger to my credit report. Presently I am 698-715 across the board. What do you suggest that I do-the card was never late, and I paid it off quickly. 

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: SYNCHRONY BANK/ASHLEY FURNITURE

Hi there

Since the card was only $1K and had a $0 balance, there will be no zinger to your credit. The card will report for another 10 years so I wouldnt give the closure another thought. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 8
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

I opened my Ashley account and was given a $2k SL.  15 months later, with no purchases ever being made, Synchronvy closed it.  I hear they also monitor Rooms R Us accounts.  Sorry op

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s understandable in that it’s money sitting idle that could be better put somewhere else by the bank, but it stinks that they close it out like that. Not many of us are constantly buying furniture to keep such a line active regularly...
Message 4 of 8
cgeefly
New Contributor

agreed!

The way they closed it was irritating, they told me that they can reopen it, BUT it will be a hard pull on my cedit report.

Are they nuts?

No way!

Thanks for the reply!

@Anonymous wrote:
It’s understandable in that it’s money sitting idle that could be better put somewhere else by the bank, but it stinks that they close it out like that. Not many of us are constantly buying furniture to keep such a line active regularly...

Message 5 of 8
cgeefly
New Contributor

OK THEN...

I have forgotten them alreadySmiley Happy

Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 8
cgeefly
New Contributor

As long as it does not effect my credit...I am good!

Thanks for the reply!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’ll continue to report as a closed, good tradeline for up to 10 years like any other account. No age-factor ill effects to worry about.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.