Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safe Credit Union (California) membership and cash rewards credit card

tag
batsy71
Regular Contributor

Re: Safe Credit Union (California) membership and cash rewards credit card

So I called the call center and she told me the reason my app was rejected was cos it saw that I was not in one of their membership counties. I though that was weird and asked her that isnt it possible anyways for anyone to become a member via Aerospace Museum of California, to which she replied that yes, if you were to first become a member via that route and then apply for the cc. it could hypothetically work.

For each one of my questions above, she was putting me on hold, so I believe she was verifying with some one more authoritative.

FWIW,  I dont live in one of the counties that qualifies for membership but live in a neighboring county.

I am in the process of repeating the process now by first applying for membership. Will update my status.

Message 11 of 22
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@batsy71 wrote:

FWIW,  I dont live in one of the counties that qualifies for membership but live in a neighboring county.

I am in the process of repeating the process now by first applying for membership. Will update my status.

@batsy71 Similar to you, I'm in a neighboring county but not directly in their geo. I signed up for the Aerospace Museum membership, got confirmation that the membership was processed, then applied to Safe. By the way, just get a teacher's membership, it's cheaper and they don't verify whether or not you're actually an educator.

Message 12 of 22
batsy71
Regular Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly 
By the way, just get a teacher's membership,
Can you provide mroe details exactly? The only ones I knew was Aerospace Museum for 75$, California Nurse assoc for 50$ (though that one is a little more cumbersome to join without nursing practise).

I didnt see any teaching assoc in the membership list.

Message 13 of 22
PullingMeSoftly
Valued Contributor

@batsy71 wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly 
Can you provide mroe details exactly? The only ones I knew was Aerospace Museum for 75$, California Nurse assoc for 50$ (though that one is a little more cumbersome to join without nursing practise).

@batsy71 From the main page --> Join Us --> Become a Member --> Scroll down to the Teacher's Membership, $45 instead of the standard $75. Direct link here

Message 14 of 22
batsy71
Regular Contributor

@PullingMeSoftly 

thank you sir. appreciate the insight.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@batsy71 wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly 

@batsy71 From the main page --> Join Us --> Become a Member --> Scroll down to the Teacher's Membership, $45 instead of the standard $75. Direct link here

They're definitely going to start verifying if they trace the traffic coming from MF to that link! 😂 

Message 16 of 22
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Sigh... this card is actually tempting me to open a new card. 

I went ahead and submitted a membership application (I live in one of their listed counties). 

Will have to think some more about applying for the card....

ETA: I had to go look, last card I opened was 2 years and 4 months ago lol

Message 17 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

I went ahead and submitted a membership application (I live in one of their listed counties). 

C'mon @dragontears  pick up the pace!😆

Message 18 of 22
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

C'mon @dragontears  pick up the pace!😆

@AverageJoesCredit 

IKR? I am always surprised that I am allowed to post on this forum with my lack of credit seeking behavior....

All joking aside, I just docusigned the membership application. 

So tempted by a non-amex grocery card....

Message 19 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly wrote:

@batsy71 wrote:

@PullingMeSoftly 

They're definitely going to start verifying if they trace the traffic coming from MF to that link! 😂 

The link is to join the Aerospace Museum, so they may not care so much, $45 from people who probably wouldn't join otherwise (just like a certain mountain bike group somewhere!)   Now once SAFE gets applications I guess there could be issues, especially if they can see the membership is teacher, but the person applying to SAFE has another application.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.