Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saks (Capital One) MasterCard - EMV & card expiration

tag
NegotiatorRogerSmith
New Contributor

Saks (Capital One) MasterCard - EMV & card expiration

Happy New Year's Eve, people...

I just got my replacement Saks WEMC in the mail yesterday (originally issued 10/2013), and expected the following 2 things:

1. an EMV chip (wasn't originally issued with one, but expected one given 10/2015 liability shift)
  2. a longer "valid until" period (previously good for 2 years, now good until 12/16 (exactly 1 year))

This is not something I'm used to. All my other banks renew for 3 years at minimum, and EMV's pretty standard.

Naturally, I called in and humored myself that a CSR can speak intelligently about, well, anything... my mistake.

Has CapOne tightened their belt on account renewals?

Any idea when to expect EMV on their cards?

Thanks and happy New Year!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Saks (Capital One) MasterCard - EMV & card expiration

CAP 1 isn't tightening account renewals.  I'd call back again and speak with a supervisor.  It is strange you were also given a one year extension...

Message 2 of 4
NegotiatorRogerSmith
New Contributor

turns out the reason is because saks hasn't since been issued with emv, but they are scheduled sometime this year, when replacements will be sent (with longer expiration).

the recent 1-year issuance is to hold us over until then.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NegotiatorRogerSmith wrote:

turns out the reason is because saks hasn't since been issued with emv, but they are scheduled sometime this year, when replacements will be sent (with longer expiration).

the recent 1-year issuance is to hold us over until then.

Glad everything worked out for you.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.