Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saks Fifth World Elite Master Card

tag
physignathus
New Contributor

Saks Fifth World Elite Master Card

Hi,

I just got approved for Saks Fifth Store card with $2200 CL. I am really interested for Saks World Elite Master card but I found out that the store card just costed me 3 pulls to my credit report. I called and was told to upgrade to mastercard would cost me another 3 pulls. I dont know that I want to go that road or not because I am not sure that I can get World elite master card. Any advice is appriciated. Thanks all.

My credit file is : 732 EX, 721 FICO TR and 732 FICO EQ. AOA is about 1.4 years. Longest time is 4.2 years,

EX: 704, EQ: 728, TU: 702. AAoA: 2.8 y
Amex Business Platinum: NPSL, Chase Riz 24k,Chase United Club 20k, Paypal MC 40k, Discover 22k, Citi Advantage 31.5k, Amex BCE 33k.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: Saks Fifth World Elite Master Card

Congrats on your approval.

IMO, 3 pulls are too many.  6 pulls are waayy too many.  

IMHO, Store cards are absoultly useless.

Message 2 of 16
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@physignathus wrote:

Hi,

I just got approved for Saks Fifth Store card with $2200 CL. I am really interested for Saks World Elite Master card but I found out that the store card just costed me 3 pulls to my credit report. I called and was told to upgrade to mastercard would cost me another 3 pulls. I dont know that I want to go that road or not because I am not sure that I can get World elite master card. Any advice is appriciated. Thanks all.

My credit file is : 732 EX, 721 FICO TR and 732 FICO EQ. AOA is about 1.4 years. Longest time is 4.2 years,

If you're only being approved for a $2200 CL on a store card, a WEMC isn't anywhere near within reach for you. Your scores and AAoA are all too low. You'll need to improve both and have a high income if you're looking for a WEMC.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 16
Elcid89
Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@physignathus wrote:

Hi,

If you're only being approved for a $2200 CL on a store card, a WEMC isn't anywhere near within reach for you. Your scores and AAoA are all too low. You'll need to improve both and have a high income if you're looking for a WEMC.

Her scores are fine, and we know nothing about her income. Once you get above 720 it's more a factor of offered rate than one of approval.  I would imagine that her AAoA or possibly the depth of her file is what is killing her.  That or there is more to the scenario than we've been made aware of. That said, Saks isn't known for being very generous with CLs on its store cards. $2,200 is relatively generous from them, IMO.

And I have to say this - it's ridiculous to seek out these cards simply for the purpose of being able to say "I have this card". I see posting after posting which lead me to believe that people approach these cards like fashion accessories / a source of bragging rights, and that's just throwing money down the drain IMO.

Unless one travels frequently and can pass  a large spend through the card, the benefits don't begin to approach covering the AF. (Citi, for example, charges up to $450 per year for WEMC).

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 4 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

At the end of the day, just remember one thing. It is a capital one card...
Message 5 of 16
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@physignathus wrote:

Hi,

Her scores are fine, and we know nothing about her income. Once you get above 720 it's more a factor of offered rate than one of approval.  I would imagine that her AAoA or possibly the depth of her file is what is killing her.  That or there is more to the scenario than we've been made aware of. That said, Saks isn't known for being very generous with CLs on its store cards. $2,200 is relatively generous from them, IMO.

And I have to say this - it's ridiculous to seek out these cards simply for the purpose of being able to say "I have this card". I see posting after posting which lead me to believe that people approach these cards like fashion accessories / a source of bragging rights, and that's just throwing money down the drain IMO.

Unless one travels frequently and can pass  a large spend through the card, the benefits don't begin to approach covering the AF. (Citi, for example, charges up to $450 per year for WEMC).

+1  I couldn't have said it better myself!  

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 16
JonStur
Established Contributor

Your profile might be too thin, do you have with high limit CCs?

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 7 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Really the only difference that might be good right off the bat with MasterCard vs. Store Card is that you don't have to spend a $1 to be considered "SaksFirst Premier" but with Store Card you don't get that level until you spend $1k.  Outside of that unless you spend a TON in store and want to push all purchases outside store to gift cards for in store the MC doesn't look like it's going to do anything special for you once you clear that $1k.  I can tell you I share card with friend and we have $2600 for 5+ years and I have asked for increase probably 6 times over the years because no HP and he has put in request at least twice while in store for MC upgrade and they have not budged!

Now with Cap1 and saying you took 3 HP for Store Card I would not dream of taking another 3 HP for atleast a year if not much longer becuase that is 3 other credit cards with better banks you could probably get!!

Message 8 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Really the only difference that might be good right off the bat with MasterCard vs. Store Card is that you don't have to spend a $1 to be considered "SaksFirst Premier" but with Store Card you don't get that level until you spend $1k.  Outside of that unless you spend a TON in store and want to push all purchases outside store to gift cards for in store the MC doesn't look like it's going to do anything special for you once you clear that $1k.  I can tell you I share card with friend and we have $2600 for 5+ years and I have asked for increase probably 6 times over the years because no HP and he has put in request at least twice while in store for MC upgrade and they have not budged!

Now with Cap1 and saying you took 3 HP for Store Card I would not dream of taking another 3 HP for atleast a year if not much longer becuase that is 3 other credit cards with better banks you could probably get!!

+1

And you can't get a WEMC with a 2.2k limit, so those 3 HPs would be for the POSSIBILITY of getting a CLI and then POSSIBLY upgraded to the MC version. It isn't a sure thing at all. 

Message 9 of 16
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

It's quite common to have a Saks store line of around $2,000 and have a World Elite $8-10,000 on the MC side. It's a weird account. Getting a $2,000 store line doesn't mean you aren't qualified.

What I would be more concerned about is getting approval for the MC upgrade, but being just under the line for World Elite and getting Platinum. You can get CLI's on this product and get to the $5,000 later, but stories of moving to World Elite afterwards once you increase are hard to find.

You know you took three pulls, or you're assuming it because Capital One manages the product now?

They have only ever pulled EQ for me and every post I've read.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.