Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae APR Lowered finally!

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Sallie Mae APR Lowered finally!

So after months of calling and trying so hard, I called this evening expecting the usual "there's nothing available" but the rep transferred me over to this gentleman who lowered my APR by 4% to a new rate of 18.99%. Asked if there was an available SP CLI but nada.... totally understandable as I already got one few months back. He advised that I check again at the end of the year and also said they review accounts twice a year for APR reductions & CLI. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae APR Lowered finally!

Congrats! I'm a huge fan of APR reductions. Got both of mine reduced 4% each as well.

SM seems like a good card to have. Enjoy!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice.. Enjoy it.

Message 3 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

Congrats! I'm a huge fan of APR reductions. Got both of mine reduced 4% each as well.

SM seems like a good card to have. Enjoy!

They don't seem to want to reduce aviator, even though got lowest on Sallie.  Waiting for the day.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a similar thread last night where SM was lowering their APR from 13.9% down to 9.9%. I only have had my card for 2 months but called anyway. They told me right away I haven't had the card long enough to consider it yet. I fully understand but they did tell me to check back in a couple of months. Maybe I'll try after the new year. (I can't believe I'm talking new year uggg).

Message 5 of 7
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting the APR reduction.

Message 6 of 7
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Great news.... Congrats !!!!!!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.