Re: Sallie Mae CLI?

@Anonymous wrote:
should find out by wednesday or so

I will definitely keep you updated. 

Message 11 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

This coul be huge if it is true. My last Amazon and Amazon Marketplace orders are from June, when I was still getting 5% back. If this goes away, it might be time to close Sallie and get PenFed and the Amazon store card to replace it.

Message 12 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I wont be surprised if the Sallie amazon benefit is removed eventually. It doesnt seem like an advertised benefit, more just one that happens to work...for now
Message 13 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Anyone with Discover and the double promo is getting 10 percent on amazon til the end of the year anyway, and it would take a long time for sallie to outpace that in rewards
Message 14 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I recall correctly from reading around here last year certain purchases didnt qualify for 5% or code as books on Amazon. Cant remember exactly but maybe electronics and a few others.

Not a big Amazon fan so wouldnt affect me at all and it is supposed to be for books only but hopefully its not going away since a lot of people here seem to like that benefit. Used Discover for my Amazon purchases last month. Which I only got there bc finally Amazon had the lowest price for something I needed. Smiley Tongue
Message 15 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 16 of 36
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Just got an order in from Amazon of random stuff and all got 5% off..Never been a case where I haven't gotten it. Sure in time this benefit will go away for non-books, but the cap is fairly small and they don't advertise the card, so doubtful it is going away anytime soon.. When it does go away, then my SM gets the Axe and the limit gets moved to the Ring.  Although as stated it isn't going anywhere anytime soon although some people think it will, but no proof.

Message 17 of 36
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Of course, you also have no proof that it WON'T go away anytime soon Smiley Tongue

Only Barclays knows, really.
Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kindle ebooks are, last I checked, considered "record store" purchases.

But gift cards are (again, last I checked) considered bookstore purchases. So you can buy a gift card for the amount you need, earn 5%, then apply it to the purchase.

Yes, it takes a little longer. You may lose some CC protections. I'd only do it for purchases where I knew exactly what I was getting.

Message 19 of 36
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:
Of course, you also have no proof that it WON'T go away anytime soon Smiley Tongue

Only Barclays knows, really.

Kinda like saying your Cash+ is going to lose 5% fast food and 5% on electronics.. I heard this as well..  Wouldn't that suck Smiley Tongue..... Rumors are just that rumors, Cash+ is more likely to get another nerf before the SM..  

Also it isn't up to Barclay's either completly as Sallie Mae has a big say in this as well...As This is a co-branded card

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.