Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Caps Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae Caps Question

@psm wrote:
$250 gas, $250 groceries, $750 bookstores per billing cycle. There is no tool other than your own math to view how much in each category you have spent already.

Ugh, that's what I was afraid of lol. Something else to micromanage. 

Message 11 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@psm wrote:
$250 gas, $250 groceries, $750 bookstores per billing cycle. There is no tool other than your own math to view how much in each category you have spent already.

If you buy all or most of you groceries (or gas for that matter) at one chain, you can probably buy a giftcard at the beginning of each month with the SM and use that instead of the credit card

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol that would make too much sense!!! Good tip tho. I shop mostly at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club. So, I could get a Wal-Mart gift card for groceries and whatnot.  Usually get gas at Wal-Mart as well, so I'll have to find a new place to get gas. 

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@psm wrote:

If you buy all or most of you groceries (or gas for that matter) at one chain, you can probably buy a giftcard at the beginning of each month with the SM and use that instead of the credit card

That's a clutch move dude.

Message 14 of 17
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wish I could travel back in time and have had this card FOREVER.

PS what kind of cash back amounts have you been aplying to your loans per month?

Just wondering (anyone can reply here that doe this :-) 

That is thinking VERY small!   With time travel you could make a little more than having the Sallie Mae card.

Sallie Mae maxes out at 5% of $1,250 a month, or $62.50  (spending $250 on gas, $250 on groceries and $750 on "bookstores")

I would have bought Microsoft shares. And Apple...

Sallie Mae Cap

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@psm wrote:

You can buy giftcards for pretty much anything you want at the grocery store I frequent. You could get giftcards for whatever to max the groceries limit easily, I'd think. 

Message 16 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@psm wrote:

You can buy giftcards for pretty much anything you want at the grocery store I frequent. You could get giftcards for whatever to max the groceries limit easily, I'd think. 

Yes, that is how to max the cap if that is a problem, for others it's more knowing when have I spent $250 and should use a different card to get more than 1%.  Buying the grocery gift card makes it easier to track (when the card is done, time to use a different card!)

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.