Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Credit

tag
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Sallie Mae Credit

Thinking of applying for this card and care credit, does anybody know if I can combine my NFL card with Sallie and close my NFL card.

I do monthly purchases from Amazon $40 - $100 so it's better than my Cap1 QS card @ 1.5%.

I read good and bad things about Care Credit but it seems like it's Best Buy card as far as paying the promo not to get charged for interest on Dental and Vet things...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Credit

Barlcay can be weird about giving a 2nd card... but some have been told to apply and then call the backdoor and have them open the 2nd if computer denies and then move the cl from your first and close it.

2. carecredit is great for the 0% over and over again... just don't miss the payoff before the 0% period! they are great otherwise and huge CL's usually... ask for super high, they usually counter... if you get what you ask for wait until tomorrow and ask for double that in the automated phone system and it will raise it more without another pull and counter if you ask for to high!

Message 2 of 4
TheConductor
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

2. carecredit is great for the 0% over and over again... just don't miss the payoff before the 0% period! 

Emphasized the most important part.  

If you don't pay it all before the 0% period ends, you owe interest from the very start of the charge.  That can translate into a sizable balloon of additional interest if you don't meet the deadline.

So be careful with it.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 3 of 4
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info so it's the same as my DW BesyBuy card where you get charged interest say for 18 months promo from day 1 till it's paid off before the deadline or pay the balloon interest.

Any other heath cards anybody else uses or better ?

I think Citi or Chase has one.

Do hospitals take care credit say for copay for insurance ?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.