$950 and 13.99apr 

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 91 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae Mastercard

I really want to app for this sm card but I just got freedom, slate, and bce. None of which are reporting yet. Although I do have a barc rm that I was going to close since I got these new cards but maybe I should app for sm, move barc rm cl over and then close it........hmmmmm. I didn't know, pretty sure barc would have it out for me once all my new accounts are reported, not to mention what the other issuers would think. What do you think? quite while I'm ahead or one more won't hurt
Message 92 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump
Message 93 of 117
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Is the SM BR friendly by chance? I'd love to app for this card next year.

Personal:

Business:

Message 94 of 117
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

I got my Sallie Mae last year with a 660 CS and 3 year old BK7 lower starting limit of 1k but still not bad.  Its now at $9550 CL and one of my more used cards. 

Message 95 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar scores (mine is slightly higher), similar credit files, similar inquiries.

I'm the sole income earner, yet my husband was approved after I was denied.

Who knows?

Message 96 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone has any experience with this card included in a app spree please read my post at the top and give me some feedback. I'm really itching to app for this just not sure it would be smart to do right now. thanks
Message 97 of 117
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If anyone has any experience with this card included in a app spree please read my post at the top and give me some feedback. I'm really itching to app for this just not sure it would be smart to do right now. thanks

Apart from the current 3 cards you just got that havent reported yet, how many existing cards do you have and how old are they and what is your TU fico?

Message 98 of 117
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I was instantly approved for $4500 in December 2014 with a 665 TU and a 5 1/2 year old Ch 13.  No new accounts or INQs in a year on my TU report.

I don't know if I would say they are super BK friendly though... I got my approval due to the fact I had the Apple card for 16 months prior to my Sallie Mae app... I used that card to get in the door with Barclays.  After approval I moved the $2200 limit over... closed the Apple... and welcomed my $6700 Sallie Mae to my wallet.

Statement #7 is next week... I'm hoping for an auto CLI.

FICO8 current as of : 2-25-24 EQ: 655 TU: 653 EX: 656
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Gold $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 99 of 117
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:

I was instantly approved for $4500 in December 2014 with a 665 TU and a 5 1/2 year old Ch 13.  No new accounts or INQs in a year on my TU report.

I don't know if I would say they are super BK friendly though... I got my approval due to the fact I had the Apple card for 16 months prior to my Sallie Mae app... I used that card to get in the door with Barclays.  After approval I moved the $2200 limit over... closed the Apple... and welcomed my $6700 Sallie Mae to my wallet.

Statement #7 is next week... I'm hoping for an auto CLI.

Thanks for that. I have had the Rewards for over a year now so hopefully that will help. My TU is at 667 now and my CH 7 is 2.5 years post discharge so hopefully next year I can make it happen. I don't plan on apping until then, and I may just wait til 2017 as I promised as my last student loan baddy will fall off.

Personal:

Business:

Message 100 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.