Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae world MasterCard

tag
HankNY
Valued Member

Sallie Mae world MasterCard

Got approved for above card w CL of 6,200. I think they pull TU in NY.

Avg : 7.5 yrs

CK TU: 751

Utilitiy: 7%

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae world MasterCard

Grats!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 47
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@HankNY wrote:

Got approved for above card w CL of 6,200. I think they pull TU in NY.

Avg : 7.5 yrs

CK TU: 751

Utilitiy: 7%

CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 47
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  What attracted you to the card?

Message 4 of 47
HankNY
Valued Member

5% on gas, groceries (including Walmart & Target ) & Amazon. 25 redemption.  Also I did BT on my penfed rewards (18 month promotion) and did not want to be charged interest for my daily balances on regular purchases. Plus Rumors abt its rewards down grade. I also  have BCP with which I am going to buy visa GC for using it to load my Blue Bird account to pay rent, which I will be using it till its limit of 6000. So this cards helps me to fill gaps in my portfolio.

Message 5 of 47
enharu
Super Contributor

Just so u know.... Theres a higher risk for having your Amex accounts closed for abusing reloads. There's been quite a number of cases of this happening. Head over to the other forums and you can read more about what happened
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 47
HankNY
Valued Member

I am going to do 500 a month. Plus It is not illiegal as far as I know but thank for the heads up.

Message 7 of 47
enharu
Super Contributor

It's not illegal, just frowned upon by banks. Your best method is to charge different amounts each month as well so they don't see a pattern, especially transactions that is exactly 504.95 ($500 card + 4.95 fee)
Message 8 of 47
HankNY
Valued Member

Enharu, Thanks for the tip. I would be mindful and play around with  the denomination. I have been using Vanilla to reload with my US Cash (2.5 drugstore) till now.
Message 9 of 47
coolbrad
Valued Member

I have been itching for months to to apply for this card.

Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.