Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Business Card problem ...

tag
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Sam's Business Card problem ...

I applied for the Sam's Business card in store a few weeks ago and was denied. A little surprising but not the big deal it use to be before I came here.

Asked the girl at counter to call GE Cap Finance so I could talk to someone, she did, but they couldn't do anything. I had to wait for letter in 7-10 days for denial reason.

Well it came today...... denied for 'Bankruptcy present' !!! I've never been in bankruptcy or anywhere near it.

OK, so I call the CS and get a rep who tells me I have to write the FCRA and have it corrected then reapply. I tell her there's nothing to correct, I pull my reports through three services daily and there is no BK anywhere, and never has been. Writing them will only get me the same answer. She says that's all she can offer.

I tell her that it must be an electronic or human error and that if I could talk to her supervisor that might help. Same story. Won't give me application number, won't run it again, and was really no help.

I'm going to write the FCRA but I don't know what that will do. Then I'm supposed to call the number she gave me and give the the findings and see what happens.

Does anyone think reapplying is a good idea ??? See if there is a different result.

I'm kind of at a loss.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sam's Business Card problem ...

BK. you applied for the business card but gave them your social for pg?

I would apply again with NO PG!

and when you call in, don't talk to cs, ask to be trasnferred to underwriting.
Message 2 of 5
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I gave a PG. Didn't really want to but right now it's getting real hard to get anything if you're a new business w/o it. I was a sole proprietor for the last 14 yrs but recently went to incorporation. Trying to build biz credit so it can report and then won't have to PG.
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 3 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

GE seems to be tough get. Ask for a Human Underwriter to look at it. Call the GE Number and talk to them. You should have tried with out PG. There are still lot of cards out there you can get with out PG and climb up the ladder. Send me a PM and I can help you out.
Message 4 of 5
Geordi
Regular Contributor

@jaxstraw wrote:
I applied for the Sam's Business card in store a few weeks ago and was denied. A little surprising but not the big deal it use to be before I came here.

Asked the girl at counter to call GE Cap Finance so I could talk to someone, she did, but they couldn't do anything. I had to wait for letter in 7-10 days for denial reason.

Well it came today...... denied for 'Bankruptcy present' !!! I've never been in bankruptcy or anywhere near it.

OK, so I call the CS and get a rep who tells me I have to write the FCRA and have it corrected then reapply. I tell her there's nothing to correct, I pull my reports through three services daily and there is no BK anywhere, and never has been. Writing them will only get me the same answer. She says that's all she can offer.

I tell her that it must be an electronic or human error and that if I could talk to her supervisor that might help. Same story. Won't give me application number, won't run it again, and was really no help.

I'm going to write the FCRA but I don't know what that will do. Then I'm supposed to call the number she gave me and give the the findings and see what happens.

Does anyone think reapplying is a good idea ??? See if there is a different result.

I'm kind of at a loss.

Jax

Dealing with GE Money Bank is a pain in the rear.

Back in April I applied for a Sam's Business Discover in store and I was told I would get an answer in 7 to 10 days. I came home and immediately called a backdoor number for a credit analyst (the numbers are posted in the stickies) and was told I'd have to wait until I got the letter.

4 days later, I got the letter that said denied because could not verify identity. I called the back door number again and was told the phone number did not match and that I should re-apply. I argued that was BS and the person on the phone said I'd have to re-apply with the correct phone number.

Needless to say that was not acceptable, so I called 3 more times, each time a got a different credit analyst. On the 4th call, I reached a credit analyst that went thru the verification process with me over the phone and approved me for a Sam's Club Business Discover.

The moral of dealing with GE Money Bank is persistence and patience.

NO WAIT!!! Persistence and patience is the moral of credit repair for dealing with almost EVERY lender.

GL
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.