Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's CLI now $?????

tag
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Sam's CLI now $?????

4 statements ago I finally got an increase after a few years at $700 to $5700.  So, I've been using it more and letting statements come figuring the 4th statement rule with GEMB would apply even though in the past it just didn't do much @ $700.  So, I'm a week or so early hitting the button and low and behold here's what it said:

New Credit Line Confirmation:

We are pleased to inform you that, effective immediately, your credit line has been increased to the following:
Credit Line:$10000

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Sam's CLI now $?????

Message 2 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Nice CLI congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 6
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Awesome increase!!  Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Thanks guys!  So, after seeing that I figured I would be able to get a Discover version out of them since there's no way I would ever spend $10,000 at sam's club.  I called all the backdoor numbers and talked to 3 or 4 different people.   They refused to convert the account or upgrade it to Discover.  I called one of the local stores and they said come in and they'll convert it.  So, I'm talking with her while waiting on their slow computer to process the "app" and she mentions the # they call for GEMB should be able to move my new 10K limit onto the Discover card.  Well, they didn't / wouldn't etc.  Now I have 2 accounts for Sam's which I suspected would happen before going in and doing it.  I will dig into this a bit more with GE and see if I can find a path to combining the limits into the new card.

Message 5 of 6
Gemini
Established Member

CongratsSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.