Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club SYNCB upgrade to MC World Elite question

tag
jojo79
Regular Contributor

Sam's Club SYNCB upgrade to MC World Elite question

I hope this is in the right section but I have a question on this upgrade offer. 
Interestingly I never received any emails. Just saw a new account showping up online, called and told there was an offer to upgrade, and then a day later the actual card showed up in the mail and I have until end of November to activate.

I understand it will be a new TL which kinda blows but I get it, but I'm more concered with losing the account age (I got it around 2014)

Has anyone been offered and/or made this move recently and if so, what was the impact? To be honest I'm leaning more to making the switch since all Sam's Clubs in my area all closed so I only use this at WalMart..... that and it's a really nice looking card lol

Thanks in advance... !

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sam's Club SYNCB upgrade to MC World Elite question

Look on the bright side, your closed card can still report up to 10 years from closing date. So 2031(ish)

Message 2 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As mentioned above, while the account history won't be portable to the upgraded MC account, the [closed] store card will still be factored into your AAoA until it drops off your reports (up to ~10 years -- give or take). Of course, there's the new account 'ding', but if you evaluate the overall MC benefits vs the store card, the MC comes out ahead so it's worth it, IMO.

Message 3 of 13
Trooper2003
Regular Contributor

I actually I got the same offer about 3 months ago , upgraded my store to world elite MasterCard , and I still kept 5 years worth of account on the upgrade, so yes synchrony is now letting you keep account history unlike before.

Message 4 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Trooper2003 wrote:

I actually I got the same offer about 3 months ago , upgraded my store to world elite MasterCard , and I still kept 5 years worth of account on the upgrade, so yes synchrony is now letting you keep account history unlike before.

Excellent news and thanks for sharing some of your DPs. Just to confirm, because this must be a recent reporting change for SYNCB, do you see only 1 SYNCB tradeline displayed on all your (3) reports (not alerts btw) with the history merged, or two separate tradelines? 

Message 5 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Trooper2003 wrote:

@Trooper2003, Wow .. very interesting, as I have always read that upgrades start out with a new account🎃

Message 6 of 13
Trooper2003
Regular Contributor

Oh yes just one trade line from original date , I then called synchrony and confirmed that it was keeping all the history.

Message 7 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Trooper2003 wrote:

Oh yes just one trade line from original date , I then called synchrony and confirmed that it was keeping all the history.

Thanks again for confiming this new DP.  I'm glad to hear that SYNCB has changed the methodology for reporting V/MC updgrades if this is indeed a new trend Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 13
jojo79
Regular Contributor

@Trooper2003 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback; just called after seeing your post and got the same confirmation. New account number but original open date /history remains intact. Looks like I'll be making the switch; it would make this TL more usable for me. 

Thanks again, this forum has been great! 

Message 9 of 13
delaney1
Established Contributor

@Trooper2003 wrote:

This is the second such post I've read about this week. The first was regarding a Care Credit upgrade. I just got the Care Credit upgraded card in the mail this week, but have been reluctant to consider upgrading because I'm not really interested in a new tradeline being opened. This is definitely a game changer. Thanks for the data point!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.