Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sam's Club card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sam's Club card

The Sam's Club 5/3/1 card looks like a superior credit card compared to the TE. I'm thinking about applying (I believe they pull TU in Western PA). Can I get a rough idea of the difficulty getting into Sync bank? I want to MC version not the store card ...

On my TU report there's 6 inquiry (3 of them over 12 months). No bad records and over 4 years of credit history. 4 New accounts opened within 6 months.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Sam's Club card

@Anonymous wrote:

The Sam's Club 5/3/1 card looks like a superior credit card compared to the TE. I'm thinking about applying (I believe they pull TU in Western PA). Can I get a rough idea of the difficulty getting into Sync bank? I want to MC version not the store card ...

On my TU report there's 6 inquiry (3 of them over 12 months). No bad records and over 4 years of credit history. 4 New accounts opened within 6 months.

Thanks!

whats your TU FICO score? and its been better to apply in club when at the desk with membership, because usually a preapproval pops up for th clerk to let you know. 

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

whats your TU FICO score? and its been better to apply in club when at the desk with membership, because usually a preapproval pops up for th clerk to let you know. 

745 according to Barclay's (FICO?). 747 according to CK (not FICO?).

Message 3 of 24
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

You should be fine with that score.

This card is in my wishlist too.

Message 4 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

You should be fine with that score.

This card is in my wishlist too.

+1

I was approved for the Mastercard version with a 705 TU FICO a year ago and today it's current credit limit stands at $10K.

Others have been even more aggressive in getting theirs limit much higher on the order of $15-20K! on SP's alone!

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you should be golden with that score.  I do enjoy my SAMs Club card!!

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for the card a couple of weeks ago. I am from Western PA as well, TU score about 750, they gave me the MC with a $2500 SL. Not too bad as I have had a ton of new carda this year, and you can always get SP CLI with Synchrony
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I just applied for the card a couple of weeks ago. I am from Western PA as well, TU score about 750, they gave me the MC with a $2500 SL. Not too bad as I have had a ton of new carda this year, and you can always get SP CLI with Synchrony

Thanks very much for your input!

Gonna pay them a visit tomorrow morning to apply for the card! Good day!

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Preapproval... are those available to current members that already have a PLCC?

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks very much for your input!

Gonna pay them a visit tomorrow morning to apply for the card! Good day!

Good luck, please provide results. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.