Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Capital One EO Emails

tag
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Sample Capital One EO Emails

Hello all...I was just wondering if it's possible for those of us who have been successful with emailing the Cap1 EO to post a few examples of the email verbiage they used. For example, I don't want to seem overly sycophantic but also want to "suck up" appropriately thickly...lol. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Sample Capital One EO Emails

You have to ask them nicely on the email. It also tell them why you need a CLI. Make sure leave them your contact number. So they can call you back. By the way, you alos need to tell your name and last 4 digit of your credit card account number.

Hopefully, it helps you to get started.

Ron.

Message 2 of 37
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Here is the email I wrote. Feel free to use it as a template, but I encourage anyone going this route to make it personal. I ended up getting a $6,000 increase to $7,500.

--

Good day Sir,

My name is NAME, and I am writing in regards to my Capital One credit card.

Due to the nature of my work, I spend a great deal of time outside of the United States, where my Capital One credit card would shine, were it not for the low credit limit. I have been using a Capital One credit card since DATE (my first credit card), which is attractive to me for its lack of foreign transaction fees, among other things.

Unfortunately over the past 6.5 years, my credit limit has only been raised from the initial limit of $500 (if I recall correctly) to $1500, via an automatic credit limit increase a number of years back. With my current limit, it is not practical for me use this card on business and personal trips abroad, while keeping my debt to credit utilization in mind.

I have made a couple of attempts to have my credit limit raised, and/or an upgrade to another credit card via Capital One's customer service team over the past year or so to no avail. I was hoping that you could put me in touch with one of Capital One's credit analysts for a more personal look at my credit/financial situation, and I think you will find that I am a great candidate for a credit limit increase.

I can be reached at TELEPHONE NUMBER at any time that is convenient for you, or at this email address if that will be easier. I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,

MY NAME

--

Good luck.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 3 of 37
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

You have to ask them nicely on the email. It also tell them why you need a CLI. Make sure leave them your contact number. So they can call you back. By the way, you alos need to tell your name and last 4 digit of your credit card account number.

Ron.

I didn't leave my last 4 or anything like that. When they called they verified everything with me, and we went from there.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 4 of 37
Ron1
Super Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

I didn't leave my last 4 or anything like that. When they called they verified everything with me, and we went from there.

Yes, you're right. She asked me to tell her the whole 16 digit account number, last 4 digit of SSN and date of birth.

Ron.

Message 5 of 37
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My DH didn't leave his cc number either. They verified it when they called.
Message 6 of 37
myjourney
Super Contributor

Me either name and phone only is enough

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 37
aghaffari12

Does anyone have the email? I just tried to use the one I found on the internet but it got sent back to me. 

Message 8 of 37
qd
Regular Contributor

This is email I sent them and received call the same day.

I want to thank you first of all for extending me credit back when nobody else would.  I have had my two capital one credit cards for a while now.  I have had my rewards card for over a year now and the platinum card for about six months now.  I have worked hard in rebuilding my credit and look forward to many years with my capital one cards.  I have made every payment on time and try to pay in full as often as I can.

I am writing to request a limit increase on my rewards card.  I have called in but it appears to be stuck at $500.  I want to take advantage of the rewards with this card but at this limit, it is not always possible to do.  I have a few purchases I will be making in the near future and would like to utilize my capital one card instead of cash as this will build up my reward points.  I would like an increase of $1500 to take my limit to $2000.  Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.  Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Then I concluded with my name and phone number. 

Message 9 of 37
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

@aghaffari12 wrote:

Does anyone have the email? I just tried to use the one I found on the internet but it got sent back to me. 

I PM you the email address.

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.