p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Sample Capital One EO Emails

Message 13 of 37
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@qd wrote:

This is email I sent them and received call the same day.

I want to thank you first of all for extending me credit back when nobody else would.  I have had my two capital one credit cards for a while now.  I have had my rewards card for over a year now and the platinum card for about six months now.  I have worked hard in rebuilding my credit and look forward to many years with my capital one cards.  I have made every payment on time and try to pay in full as often as I can.

I am writing to request a limit increase on my rewards card.  I have called in but it appears to be stuck at $500.  I want to take advantage of the rewards with this card but at this limit, it is not always possible to do.  I have a few purchases I will be making in the near future and would like to utilize my capital one card instead of cash as this will build up my reward points.  I would like an increase of $1500 to take my limit to $2000.  Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.  Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Then I concluded with my name and phone number. 

You asked for way too little, should have went 5K.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 37
qd
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@qd wrote:

This is email I sent them and received call the same day.

I want to thank you first of all for extending me credit back when nobody else would.  I have had my two capital one credit cards for a while now.  I have had my rewards card for over a year now and the platinum card for about six months now.  I have worked hard in rebuilding my credit and look forward to many years with my capital one cards.  I have made every payment on time and try to pay in full as often as I can.

I am writing to request a limit increase on my rewards card.  I have called in but it appears to be stuck at $500.  I want to take advantage of the rewards with this card but at this limit, it is not always possible to do.  I have a few purchases I will be making in the near future and would like to utilize my capital one card instead of cash as this will build up my reward points.  I would like an increase of $1500 to take my limit to $2000.  Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.  Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Then I concluded with my name and phone number. 

You asked for way too little, should have went 5K.

Lesson learned...in four months I'll be calling back and asking for more Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 37
MrMutterz

@indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all...I was just wondering if it's possible for those of us who have been successful with emailing the Cap1 EO to post a few examples of the email verbiage they used. For example, I don't want to seem overly sycophantic but also want to "lay it on" appropriately thickly...lol. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

I flat out said I have better cards now and I get points and what not for using them. Your card offers me nothing and has much a low limit its not worth it. Right to the point and it worked as you can see by my post. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 37
aghaffari12

Sent the email this morning, already got a call back!! I only asked for 2,500. Im a student had I have some baddies. She said they would call back in 5 days. I was SHOCKED when I picked up the phone! I felt like I was talking to a secret agency. Fingers crossed!!! 

Message 17 of 37
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

OP,

You don't "lay it on". You make a sympathetic case. Very different. Your temporary gratification of ranting to them will not help. You need to influence them by maing them like you....not by irritating them.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 18 of 37
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

OP,

You don't "lay it on". You make a sympathetic case. Very different. Your temporary gratification of ranting to them will not help. You need to influence them by maing them like you....not by irritating them.

LOL...I didn't mean "lay it on" in a negative connotation, as in ranting. I meant laying on the charm too thickly as to be transparent. But I know what you mean and thank you, as well as everyone else, for all the good advice.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 19 of 37
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Hi there,

Can you PM me as well?

Thank you,

Starting scores after BK (Filed 4/18/24) EQ 571 , TU , EX

Current Scores EQ 571 TU EX Goal 700+ across
UTL
Last Inq:
Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.