cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Club: Approved instantly, but now denied?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sams Club: Approved instantly, but now denied?

Well this isn't how I wanted to start my monday Smiley Mad I got an e-mail from Sam's Credit Card services saying that my application has been denied, not becausse of credit scores, or too many inquiries, but because "Prior application submitted too recently" They must be talking about my Sam's Club membership?? Because I signed up for it and apped for the CC soon after.

This is too odd.... and the dang card already posted on my EX report. Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Sams Club: Approved instantly, but now denied?

You need to call in, you should still get the card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely will be calling them.

Message 3 of 9
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

If you can't get in touch with someone that can help, go to the club. The service desk can call right in to underwriting and you can speak with someone who can fix it.

I had issues when I applied because the employee screwed the application up, but they were able to call in and hand me the phone and everything was sorted out. Then they asked me to pass the phone back, had the employee refresh her screen, and it was showing how it was supposed to and now approved.

Message 4 of 9
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Yeah this has all the earmarks of a clerical error.  Someone pushes the wrong button or a database procedure is poorly written, and suddenly you have duplicate application records.

Call them and calmly explain your situation, and I am sure they will sort you out.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 5 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

+1  Contact them, get it cleared up.  I bet you get the card.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 9
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

+1

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 7 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

The Customer Service person might have hit submit twice... OooOoo hope you didn't get two hps!! You better make sure!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Keep us updated but def call them

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.