Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Club Discover Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sams Club Discover Card

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Discover Open Roads is issued by Discover Bank.

Sam's Club Discover is issued by GEMB.

No relation between the two, other than the fact that the card is processed through the Discover Network. (The way that a BofA AmEx is processed like an AmEx, but it has nothing to do with American Express Centurion Bank.)

MsQueenB's boss might have been getting calls from GEMB, saying that they were calling about her Discover card, but the calls wouldn't have been coming from Discover.

Just curious, why would you want to switch from Open Roads to Sam's Club? I keep looking at Open Roads as a one-day card for me.

Hi haulin,

Just wondering if they were related. I guess if i want one i have to do a seperate app. Was trying to sidestep that part. Although I am leaning towards the walmart card more now. I like my discover open roads card. I use it a lot and have made a decent amount of rewards from it.
Message 21 of 29
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah. I have racked up a whole $1.22 so far, yet somehow also managed to rack up over $100 in cash back on my Chase Freedom in the same time period.

If I didn't already take the hit for this card, I would ditch it.

I receive better rewards using my Citi Dividend Platinum Select MC at Sam's Club!  Before they started accepting MasterCard, I paid by check at Sam's Club. 

Message Edited by psychic on 07-01-2008 08:03 PM

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I forgot I got World Points on my BOA MC.

I have been using my shiny new Discover card at Sams. I am trying to incrementally overcome their $3000 tiered reward limit so I can start getting 1 percent back on all purchases.

I switched my Motiva to Open Road as I could really use the 5 percent back on gas. I am waiting for the next billing cycle to end so they do the actual switch before I start running serious money through that card.
Here we go again...
Message 22 of 29
USC08
Frequent Contributor

i got approved yesterday for the highest tier for the sams club discover card. $5400 limit..my question is how should i go about using it? Should I use it like i do with any major credit card? have low util then pay in full etc etc?
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 23 of 29
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@USC08 wrote:
i got approved yesterday for the highest tier for the sams club discover card. $5400 limit..my question is how should i go about using it? Should I use it like i do with any major credit card? have low util then pay in full etc etc?

GEMB LOVES lots of usage. However, I don't use mine outside of Sams. I have plenty of prime cards to keep happy over GEMB.

Fantastic CL!
Here we go again...
Message 24 of 29
USC08
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible for them to decrease my credit limit if i should use it only 2-3 times a month for small purchases?
Message 25 of 29
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@USC08 wrote:
Is it possible for them to decrease my credit limit if i should use it only 2-3 times a month for small purchases?

I don't think that any prime lender will decrease your credit limit for simply using their card infrequently.

99 times out of 100 a CLD will be the result of some kind of negative thing appearing on your CRs. This can include a 30 day late, new collection, or a non-derogatory change such as maxing out a card with another lender (sometimes referred to as Universal Default).
Here we go again...
Message 26 of 29
USC08
Frequent Contributor

thank you very much for the info
Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

USC08, I was approved on 7/3 for $7,200. Did they say how long it takes for the card to come?
Message 28 of 29
USC08
Frequent Contributor

7-10 business days..I'm still waiting on mine.
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.