Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Club prequalified???

tag
fncbdy1
Valued Member

Sams Club prequalified???

hello, DH and i were in Sams the othere day and upon renewing our membership the guy at the counter told him he was preapproved for a Sams credit acct, DH is predisposed to automatically say no and he did. i'm pretty sure if either of us straight out applied for this we would be denied. i figured we would have to wait until the offer popped up at a register if it ever did.....but today, he got a letter from sams stating he was "prequalified" for a sams club personal credit card acct. It has an acceptance certificate and doesn't say anything about apping just says "two ways to accept your card" . Also gives a date he's prequalified until. Now the fine print does say we may be unable to open an account in your name if we determine that you no longer meet out credit criteria. It says take the acceptance cerificate to sams. Does anyone have experience with this? Is this a going to be a hard pull at the service desk and an denial or could it be true??? Thanks in advance!!!

goal 600's
current 08/13 EQ 574 EX 583 (lender pull)
beginning 10/12 - EQ 460
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
fncbdy1
Valued Member

Re: Sams Club prequalified???

Also wanted to say that they sent the credit terms with the letter

goal 600's
beginning 10/12 - EQ 460
Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

ITS APPROVED!!

Many years ago I straight out applied and was denied... just couple weeks later I received the pre-approval in mail letter and was approved for $1500!!

I have NEVER once seen someone get the pre-approval in mail, at register, in store anywhere and accept it and then be told no... TAKE IT!

Message 3 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

ITS APPROVED!!

Many years ago I straight out applied and was denied... just couple weeks later I received the pre-approval in mail letter and was approved for $1500!!

I have NEVER once seen someone get the pre-approval in mail, at register, in store anywhere and accept it and then be told no... TAKE IT!

I'm inclined to agree.  If they say you are approved at the register I'd be beyond shocked if you were denied unless you've had major changes in your profile for the worse in the last month or two. 

Message 4 of 10
fncbdy1
Valued Member

Thanks! I think we are going to Sams tomorrow, lol! There shouldnt have been any negative changes, he's abt one year into rebuilding with 2 credit cards and perfect payment history. Will keep you updated Smiley Happy

goal 600's
beginning 10/12 - EQ 460
Message 5 of 10
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Best of luck to both of youSmiley Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 6 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Does it have the opt out notice on it if so probably good then

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 10
wreith
Frequent Contributor

I was at Sam's the other day, and I was pre-approved at the register.  Answered all the questions and was approved for the Sam's Discover with $2500.  So far no HP for the acceptance.  Go for it, I'm sure you'll be fine.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 8 of 10
fncbdy1
Valued Member

7-10 days messageSmiley Sad  just going to keep our fingers crossed. Yes the opt out notice was at the bottom of the letter. c'est la vie, i knew it was too early to app for anything but we have recently had luck with the shopping cart trick. DH did not accept any of the offers, i accepted VS and JCrew, low cl for now but i think i was super lucky considering my low scores. DH got offered higher cl than me so i thought maybe we could get lucky with Sams.

goal 600's
beginning 10/12 - EQ 460
Message 9 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@fncbdy1 wrote:

7-10 days messageSmiley Sad  just going to keep our fingers crossed. Yes the opt out notice was at the bottom of the letter. c'est la vie, i knew it was too early to app for anything but we have recently had luck with the shopping cart trick. DH did not accept any of the offers, i accepted VS and JCrew, low cl for now but i think i was super lucky considering my low scores. DH got offered higher cl than me so i thought maybe we could get lucky with Sams.

Don't loose faith call the backdoor number 7-10 message is not a denial

GE Moneybank: 866-519-6441 (Credit Analyst/Credit Solutions)

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.