Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sams Mastercard

tag
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Sams Mastercard

I was told by a csr you have to wait a year to get your reward money back. I have also heard you can go to the store and they can apply that to the card or purchase. Did this recently change or can I just go to the store. A year is a long time for an account credit. A check cost more than online redemption. I am perplexed and confused.

Thanks ALL.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Sams Mastercard

You are sent a check for your rewards every year. You can use that check towards purchase at store or you can cash the check at store. That is it.
Message 2 of 5
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Thanks. A year is a long time though and cost more than online redemtion at any amount I would think. Oh well I will roll with it. They are earning interest on my rewards by doing this though. Since rates are so low, for me I will treat it like a "savings account"

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 3 of 5
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yes, waiting a year to redeem is one of the caveats of the card, similar to the Costco. Most people don't mind, but if you like to redeem more often, could be a significant drawback.

Message 4 of 5
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Yep, you gotta wait a year! It will go fast!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.