Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Samsung Pay

@Anonymous wrote:

Just now noticed something strange about activating Capital one card on samsung pay ( for promo.) My husband loaded my capital one card on his s8 and verified & used on samsung pay without problem ,earned 10$ . Now we trying to load his brand new  cap one platinum card that he received and activated today, on my s7 but wallet app is saying this card isnt eligible for samsung pay?? But its capital one platinum. Mine worked and his isnt eligible? Both are from  capital one. How can that be? Has any one else experienced this?

This is weird, indeed.  You might consider reaching out to Capital One about that (although I admit the quality of the answer you get will be highly variable); it's at least worth a shot, though.

To close the loop (no pun intended) on my Wells Fargo Amex Propel issue, I finally got it to work at Walmart.  The first time it was declined (yet again) but I let it time out on the phone and tapped 'retry'; it worked the second go around (I had to hit 'clear' and then reselect 'credit' on the Walmart register screen as well).  I'll likely just use my USAA Limitless Visa with S. Pay at Wally from now on... much less friction with that one.

Possibly notable to some... after all that drama, the transaction was approved but it didn't show up on the app (!)... not a big deal, but it didn't count towards increasing my rewards level and I missed out on the Samsung Rewards points.  That's the first time that's happened so I'm not going to do any of the 'cures' I've read about just yet (remove and re-add the card) but it was almost humorous that after all that effort that was the one transaction that didn't 'count'.  LOL  Smiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 81
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Possibly notable to some... after all that drama, the transaction was approved but it didn't show up on the app (!)... not a big deal, but it didn't count towards increasing my rewards level and I missed out on the Samsung Rewards points.  That's the first time that's happened so I'm not going to do any of the 'cures' I've read about just yet (remove and re-add the card) but it was almost humorous that after all that effort that was the one transaction that didn't 'count'.  LOL  Smiley Frustrated

Yeah there's still bugs. My Citi DC went through a period where the purchases wouldn't register, but would go through (removing and re-adding fixed it), and now I was trying to do the USAA promo and it registered the first two purchases, but not the third one (sent a quick report about it to customer service, we'll see what if anythig comes of it) AND Walmart is actually the place where I had the most problems with it as for some reasons their POS devices seem to be the most picky when it comes to phone placement.

Speaking of funny tho, what I find hilarious is my local CVS which is NFC enabled and the option pops up as one of the payment formats (swipe, chip, contactless or however they phrase it), but when you actually try it it rejects it saying you can't use contactless at that terminal and to swipe or insert chip instead.

Message 12 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called capital one and got the card verified . No problem. Its now working in samsung pay

Message 13 of 81
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Called capital one and got the card verified . No problem. Its now working in samsung pay

This is fantastic!  We hear so much about customer service 'fails' these days it's nice to hear about something working out!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love Samsung Pay. Hardly ever carry a handbag anymore. I have been using Spay for a year now on my phone & smartwatch. Use it 8 out of 10 payments. If they add department store credit cards then I will be using it 9 out of 10 times.

Message 15 of 81
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Love Samsung Pay. Hardly ever carry a handbag anymore. I have been using Spay for a year now on my phone & smartwatch. Use it 8 out of 10 payments. If they add department store credit cards then I will be using it 9 out of 10 times.

That's really my only complaint - they need to get Synchrony!  Smiley Happy

In my case the main card I miss is my beloved Sam's Club MasterCard... if they could ever get Synchrony MC/Visa cards onboard that would be huge to me. 

I hear ya on the PLCC/store cards as well... if they could get that worked out, well, you said it best - for most people that would indeed be 9 out of 10.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep . I already got 10$ amazon gift card for using  the cap one card that i had to call in for verification.  . So basically with two capital one cards and two samsung devices we got 20$ amazon gift cards. If anyone else faces the error with capital one that says ' this card isnt eligible' etc just call capital one cusotmer service and ask to speak to mobile apps department. They will verify it for you . Apparently its a known error it seems.

And so far my fav mobile pay promo has been discover's 50$ for 10 transactions through andriod pay. 

Message 17 of 81
WolfMan
Regular Contributor

I love Samsung Pay. The MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) makes it awesome. I love when a clerk says "We can't take apple pay" then it works, and I just say, "It's not apple pay."  Sometimes they ask more about it, and I'm happy to explain the technology. 

Rarely do I ever have a problem. It works very well. 

Message 18 of 81
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@WolfMan wrote:

I love Samsung Pay. The MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) makes it awesome. I love when a clerk says "We can't take apple pay" then it works, and I just say, "It's not apple pay."  Sometimes they ask more about it, and I'm happy to explain the technology. 

Rarely do I ever have a problem. It works very well. 

I agree, @WolfManSmiley Very Happy

I admit that while I consider myself a 'friendly' person I'm usually not one to seek out extra conversation during a transaction (with a few notable exceptions... I have a few clerks that I see regularly and know on a first-name basis who I look forward to talking to).  That said, most of the time I've used it either the cashier is already familiar with Samsung pay or they don't notice I'm using it.

I've now used it at Wal-Mart again with my WF Propel Amex; it seems to consistently decline the first attempt, but then it's approved on the second try.  Now that I feel I have that card 'conquered' I'll likely fall-back to my trusty USAA Limitless for future Wal-Mart trips, which usually works with no problem (and give me the best rewards at WM anyway).

I used it at Belk a few days ago, and it was drama-free there other than the transaction didn't register in the app (and I didn't get the points!).  I used that same card (BCP) a little while later at Kroger and the transaction (and S. Pay points) showed up normally, so I guess it was just a glitch (that's the second time this has happened).  I noticed that Belk has the same style terminal that Kroger and Publix uses, and I've had great luck at all those places (it's actually faster than using a card, especially at Publix).  

I've made platinum level with Samsung Rewards this month but I'm not sure I'll be as diligent in making the effort to get the 30 transactions next month.  I'll continue to use it at the 'easy' places, but I'm not going to try to go completely 'walletless' like some do.  I also only use it when there's a customer-facing PIN pad available... it's too much effort to hand my phone over (and I'm not comfortable reaching across the counter into the cashier's space).

One change I would like to see is for Samsung to allow more than 10 cards to be added.  That would let me add some of my SD cards so that I could give them an occasional workout without having to actually take them out of the box where they're kept.  As it is, I only load the cards I actively use.

Message 19 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love Samsung Pay! Love it! I only switched from Apple to Samsung about a year ago (still have a work issued iPhone, though, some I'm not completely out of the Apple jungle); I used to be a hard core Apple fan, but I've now seen the light! 

I've been using Samsung Pay for about 9 months, and haven't had any issues. I used Apple pay before, and there were a lot of places Apple wouldn't work, where Samsung does. Heck, Samsung Pay doesn't even need an NFC enabled terminal to work, it'll work on regular swipe machines, too; it sends a signal to the swipe reader to make it think you actually swiped a card. 

And the promotions are really nice... 

Message 20 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.