cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander Bravo World MasterCard - updates?

tag
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Re: Santander Bravo World MasterCard - updates?

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

Hey CA!

Do you know who they pull?  I'm curious about this card now!  Thanks.

Bought a motorcycle through Santander a few years ago...complete nightmare!  I'd never do business with them again.  Never knew they offered credit cards, 24 months 0% is very nice.

Thanks for the info.  Everything I've read about this bank is bad... thought it might just be the "Internet phenomenon" but I'm beginning to not thinks so.  Anyway... they don't offer this card in my neck of the woods. Smiley Happy

Just trying to help out, I'm counting down the days until they fall off my CR's.  I'd avoid them at all costs as far as installment loans...YIKES!

Message 11 of 44
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Any bank that specializes in financing the worst of the worst credit is never going to have a good rating in my eyes because not only do you have people starting over for various life reasons you also just have the borrower that doesn't understand credit, doesn't understand or think payment due dates are important, the list is endless and when you are dealing with an already bad loan for what ever the reason may be you don't get the grace periods that you might get as a prime lender and if you fall behind on these loans it can be a nightmare to get it fixed... I had a bad issue with Santander when they bought a Roadloans auto of mine and messed up the reporting but I guess I got lucky I got a hold of 1 paticular women that new how to submit the changes to the credit report agencies and I had a direct number to her and I would call her each day and she would make adjustments and they would report that night and I would pull a new report and i would call her with what was still wrong on which repert (side note this is why I get SO MAD when banks tell me that credit reporting agencies can take up to 90 days to report updates.... NO, that is all you... when Santanders system did the updates each night at midnight like a checking account, the credit report got the new info each night just like that.... now maybe if the person at the bank just put it in regular updating cycle vs push it through but still don't buy any bs of it's the credit reports just waiting to update info) but anyway back on topic.

I am interested in if someone actually gets this card, it seems like a different direction for the bank than the kind of products and customers they typically market and handle in the US and this seems very prime vs subprime so not sure if that will make them better to deal with or not.

I know when I applied last year, they were a mess and couldn't give info over the phone and stuff but it was just so new they all just kept saying, it's new for us and we are still getting information from the bank higher ups about it all and how they were to handle it.

Message 12 of 44
xsvspd
Regular Contributor

I had an auto loan thru Santander. They were the only bank that would approve me for 0 down, 540 CS, and 32k a year. Ended up being 389/mo @ 21.5% for 72 mos. Just got refied to get out of it.

If it's my choice, I wouldn't do business with them again.
Hover over card to see limits

Starting score 3/2013 - 585. Score as of 5/2014 - 725.
Message 13 of 44
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

Hey CA!

Bought a motorcycle through Santander a few years ago...complete nightmare!  I'd never do business with them again.  Never knew they offered credit cards, 24 months 0% is very nice.

Thanks for the info.  Everything I've read about this bank is bad... thought it might just be the "Internet phenomenon" but I'm beginning to not thinks so.  Anyway... they don't offer this card in my neck of the woods. Smiley Happy

Do you have to be in their footprint?  And what is their footprint?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 44
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@PlasticOrPlastic wrote:

Hey CA!

Do you have to be in their footprint?  And what is their footprint?

to apply for the credit card, no... does not seem to be one.

Message 15 of 44
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Anyone looked at this lately and applied?

They are doing 0% for 18 months and TRIPLE Points up to 15k quarterly for Gas, Grocery, and Restaurant!

it's starting to look like a great card!

I have it on my short list of interesting cash back cards. However, 3x  points in those 3 categories isn't all that great.I have 5% in those categories already. All it takes is one cash+ and one or two SallieMae cards, and you're suddenly earning more, and with more trustworthly banks (people complain about Barclays, but mainly when they get declined).

I do like the card design though.

Wait, Santander is pronounced Sahn Tahn Dayers?   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS2KA0roxuY&feature=youtu.be

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 16 of 44
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Anyone looked at this lately and applied?

They are doing 0% for 18 months and TRIPLE Points up to 15k quarterly for Gas, Grocery, and Restaurant!

it's starting to look like a great card!

I have it on my short list of interesting cash back cards. However, 3x  points in those 3 categories isn't all that great.I have 5% in those categories already. All it takes is one cash+ and one or two SallieMae cards, and you're suddenly earning more, and with more trustworthly banks (people complain about Barclays, but mainly when they get declined).

I do like the card design though.

Wait, Santander is pronounced Sahn Tahn Dayers?   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS2KA0roxuY&feature=youtu.be

That's a big factor there.   Right now, my go-to restaurant card is the Sony Card for 3X dining, but that's just for Sony Rewards points.  I would like a cash back option, so I'm mostlikely going to go for AMEX TE in January for 2% restaurants.   Of course, if Wally get a similar program to Sam's Club, that could sway me.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 17 of 44
gh17
Frequent Contributor

I have a checking account with Santander for the free $20 a month.  I figured I'd redirect my direct deposit from there, pay a few bills, how bad could it be?

My god, it's horrible.  Their customer service reps are seriously the rudest people I've ever talked to in my life.  Every time I've called them they have been the most demeaning, rude people - it's unreal.  And their online banking isn't great.  It took me weeks to get my online banking even set up because I needed an account number to set it up and I couldn't get my account number without going into a branch, but I wasn't available during their branch hours - after I opened the account online!  So then I told them to forget it, I'd just close the account if they couldn't tell me my account number on the phone, but there was a fee if you closed your account too soon.  And then their phone hours are awful, and there's no online chat/email help if you're not available to call during their hours.  And even if you are available during their phone hours, the phone system makes no sense and has a tendency to tell you your phone PIN is wrong even when it's not or ask you for a PIN when you've never set one up, and then you get put on hold forever... Plus, I've just had so many problems in the three or four months I've had this account that it's ridiculous.

I keep meaning to cancel but haven't gotten around to moving my direct deposit back to my other bank.

But I digress... I don't know anything about their credit card, but I'd never open one.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 18 of 44
watch44
Frequent Contributor

So, Santander is basically the worst bank ever. Some of their practices are downright criminal, as evidenced by the class action lawsuits filed against them for buying out auto loans from smaller banks, changing the due dates on loans, then repossessing cars once the final payment is made. Right.... LOL.

No thanks.

(Hover over pics for details) 
FICO:  TU 731 (05/14/14)   EX 749 (04/24/14)   EQ 684 (02/05/14)   Goal 700
FAKO:  TU 761 (05/20/14)   EX 761 (05/20/14)   EQ 743 (05/20/14)
Message 19 of 44
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

Santander acquired Sovereign Bank a few years ago, and just changed the Sovereign name to Santander last Fall. Starting to see them all over NJ now. Doesn't have much to do with the post, just thought I'd add a little tidbit od info.

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.