Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Savor sub changed- when?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Savor sub changed- when?

I couldn't find through search here about Cap1 changing the sub.  I squeaked in for the $500 but I believe it changed sometime around mid-April?  Anyone aware or is this old news now?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Savor sub changed- when?

I noticed it yesterday. Had a friend interested in the Savor. Looks like $300 after $3000 spend. The $500 is gone. And I cant find what network the card will be. MC/Visa Sig/WEMC. Says: "Some of the above benefits are provided by Visa® or Mastercard® and may vary by product. See your respective Guide to Benefits for details, as terms and exclusions apply." So its a toss up now on that too I guess. Savor one network, Savor1 another? Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 7
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 

Yeah, I was telling my friend how surprised I was to log on to pay my bill and I had $500.  She wanted to correct me on that.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

I am sad that I didn’t PC when Savor first came out, to get what turned out to be a no-AF 4% card, but glad I snagged the $500 offer earlier.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 7
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Someone mentioned the SUB change here a few weeks ago. I don't recall the circumstances that caused it to come up.

The other thing that's changed is that the card now has a 2k minimum credit limit vs. the previous 5k.

Message 5 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Someone mentioned the SUB change here a few weeks ago. I don't recall the circumstances that caused it to come up.

The other thing that's changed is that the card now has a 2k minimum credit limit vs. the previous 5k.

The regular Savor does now @HeavenOhio ? $2000 for $95 a yr? Oh .....no! Glad I snagged it when it came out. Whew!

Message 6 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:
I am sad that I didn’t PC when Savor first came out, to get what turned out to be a no-AF 4% card, but glad I snagged the $500 offer earlier.

It was my first card from Cap 1 so I couldn't have PCed...but with no plan to close CSR, the additional cash back from the increased SUB was more than I would have likely earned in the grandfathered card's lifetime.

I don't think it changed all at once. When I applied in Feb it was $500 everywhere. Then around April/May it was $300 or $500 depending on the person and browser. Some referrals links stayed at $500 for a few weeks.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.