cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say Hello To The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant & Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Cards.

tag
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX SPG and new Marriott card

I wonder if there will be a MR transfer bonus to Marriott just to stick it to chase.

K Boston load up on MRs!

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 41 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what, are these MBBR and MBBO then?

Message 42 of 127
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

I mean, I already have the CIP and between the Gold and BBP, I don’t have a lot more room for places Amex is actually accepted. For some reason, the merchants I shop at overall have a particular dislike for Amex.

I’m also not brand loyal, but I feel their free night certificate does offset the AF, and the SUB could be nice too. Just not sure if, long term, I could make it worth keeping.

[2/2019]
Message 43 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Say Hello To The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant & Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Cards.

So current SPG Amex holders will have a 125 AF? If so, this card is definitely getting cancelled when I hit my year in 2 months.
Message 44 of 127
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@iheartwings wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

The names of the cards are horrible. The abbreviations that are going to start showing up on the forum are going to be worse.

Agreed. Perhaps we should decide what to abbreviate them to now. 

Should Bonvoy be abbreviated B or BV? 

Seeing as all card names will have both "Marriott" and "Bonvoy" in them, there's really no reason to favor "B" over "M".

Abbreviations will be tough. MB is generally Mercedes.

Maybe:

MBo = Boundless

MBr = Brilliant

MBu = Business

Preceding those with B might get confusing, given BofA's Better Balance Rewards (BBR) in the case of Brilliant (which would be BBr).

...or MBO/MBR/MBU for all caps.

Though that doesn't give a good option for the soon-to-be-legacy $95 personal Amex. Maybe OBO or OMB for "Old Bonvoy" or "Old Marriott Bonvoy".

So maybe MBO/MBR/MBU/OMB?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 45 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a question (probably a dumb one) about the announcement of new Marriott cards by AMEX. If you currently have one will they automatically send you the new one or wait until it expires and then send the new one? Thanks for any replies.

No one knows for sure except the card issuers but my guess is that because the look is changing so much that they will issue new cards when the changes are made.  Even if they don’t, if you want the new design when available, all you have to do is request a replacement card.  If you want to keep the current card, those days are numbered.

With the recent Gold card revamp, the cardholder has to request the metal card. That may be tied in to the choice of Gold vs Wierd colors, but it is a recent template. Platinum cards may also not push a replacement metal card unless the cardholder requests or the card expires / needs to be replaced. 

My Hilton mid-tier card was not auto-pushed when the refresh happened mid-2018.

The extensive redesign and name change (bury SPG forever) may result in pushing new cards out.  

Exactly why I think that they will send out new cards.  

Message 46 of 127
NRB525
Super Contributor

BonBri

BonBus

BonCar

BonBou

Not working for me.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 47 of 127
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:
BonBri

BonBus

BonCar

BonBou

Not working for me.

Plus there will be the no-AF Chase card, and I don't think the name for that is public yet.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 48 of 127
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

Re: Say Hello To The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant & Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Cards.

Well, I'm at least thankful that the Ritz card survived the rebranding without its new card having "Bonvoy" plastered on the front.

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 49 of 127
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So current SPG Amex holders will have a 125 AF? If so, this card is definitely getting cancelled when I hit my year in 2 months.

SPG Business AmEx holders will be getting a $125 AF, not personal. 

Other than higher earn (which was always the case) and the possibility of a second free night (up to 35k) with $60k spend, I don't know what other things business card holders are gaining. 

Message 50 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.