Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam or something new?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scam or something new?

Krispy Kreme donuts are too dang sweet. There used to be a Ralph's near my place and they actually sold Krispy Kreme donuts, I bought those for coworkers once in a while on Fridays. If you use Groupon, there's deal on Krispy Kreme donuts, two dozen for 11 or something, I would get it if there was Krispy Kreme near by.

Anyway back to topic, if there was any Krispy Kreme mastercard, I'm sure you'd see advertising sign for people to apply for it.
Message 21 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I got a response already, however they called rather than replying to email.

First, I was asked the location once more, even though it was in the email they wanted to make sure I had included the correct one.

After the lady confirmed the address of the shop, she proceeded to ask about 20 questions all at once.

Basically, they were questions asking what I had already answered in the email:

She wanted to confirm the managers name, she asked about what time i was in there, how was i approached about the subject, did the person who applied for the card have anything to say about it seeming odd, did the manager try to force the application on us, were there any other customers inside who may have applied, if i had applied, if i had a copy of the application, and so on.

After answering all of her questions, she confirmed that there is NO Krispy Kreme mastercard, nor are there any plans for one.

She is having the issue looked into and she couldnt tell me what will happen to the manager, i asked. 

She also said that when the issue is investigated, it will remain anonymous as to who reported it.

Also, and i definitely wasnt expecting this, she asked for my address because I am being sent a coupon booklet for free donuts for the trouble.

I mean, thats great i guess but i really hope this is taken care of quickly.

And i reaaaaally hope nobody gets hurt from the fake applications.

SO glad i didnt apply.

Message 22 of 57
stellar
Established Contributor

Wow that's scary.  Good job for reporting it!  What state did this happen in?  Just curious.

Message 23 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its terrifying.

I really hope he rethinks whatever his plans are with that lady who applied and any others who may have applied's info.

And Ohio!

Message 24 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

) Re: Scam or something new?

Wow good thing you contacted them. I wonder what's going to happen to that manager, and if he's acting alone or part of identity theft group. And you'll get free donuts!
I don't know... Even if the card was real, I don't think I'd be excited about Krispy Kreme credit card, or any kinds of fast food.

Message 25 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know if the manager is gone next time you're in there.

Message 26 of 57
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Good thing you contacted corporate, if something doesn't seem right there is nothing wrong with questioning it. Just goes to show you have to be on top of everything. You'd be surprised how often people easily give up sensitive info without much skepticism, especially if they are promised something in return. Good on you for exposing this, hopefully your actions stop some potentially serious consequences to someone's credit.
Message 27 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was one of the questions, if i thought he could possibly be acting with a group.

Sadly i didnt think he could be so deceiving. He is so nice and he's always been so sweet.

Ill be going in on Wednesday i believe, so I will definitely let you know.

Hes always there on Wednesdays, so I guess we will see.

Message 28 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP was this story just an elaborate scheme to get free donuts? 😉 ...enjoy the coupons.
Message 29 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely not XD

However, I will most likely be giving my boss most of the coupons, if i get them at all

I get enough rewards points for free donuts to not need the coupons Smiley Tongue

And to anyone who may wonder, we have 29 people in our department and my boss LOVEs donuts. THAT is why i go there so much. Im closest and my boss pays me back, plus I get the UR points for using my chase card.

I only eat the donuts maybe once a week, even then i only eat one lol

Mostly i take the coffee

I really hope that this is taken care of though, I have an uneasy feeling in my gut about using my card there now.

Hes always acted so interested so now im watching my chase account like a hawk

Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.