cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scared of Chase AA - HELP!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP in branch pre approval... Should I do it?

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cashbackjunky wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, Irish. I didn't think it was possible, I didn't understand how your closing date would even affect that.

I swear, you're always there to set the record straight!

Cheers!

Well it was possible in the first year and involved Chase's year closeout in December, not your closing date.  People could get $600 in credits one time in the first year but with this change it is only possible in very limited circumstances.  Read this for more of an explanation:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-change-sapphire-reserve-travel-credit-calendar-year-cardmember-year-may-21/

I got my csr 11/16 and met the spend in a day and got 105K and $ 300.  I then got $ 300 in 12/16.  I got another $ 300 thus farin 2017 and based on what a csr just told me I will get another $ 300 in 12/17.  I heard about some sort of change that happened this year but don't know what it is I only know what will happen to me.  I80, is this not your understanding of it?

Well the CSR is incorrect.  You won't get another one in December.  You only got the $300 this year because Chase changed the policy to card holder membership year not their closeout in December. You won't get another one until your membership anniversary again in 2018.

Message 21 of 48
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cashbackjunky wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, Irish. I didn't think it was possible, I didn't understand how your closing date would even affect that.

I swear, you're always there to set the record straight!

Cheers!

Well it was possible in the first year and involved Chase's year closeout in December, not your closing date.  People could get $600 in credits one time in the first year but with this change it is only possible in very limited circumstances.  Read this for more of an explanation:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-change-sapphire-reserve-travel-credit-calendar-year-cardmember-year-may-21/

I got my csr 11/16 and met the spend in a day and got 105K and $ 300.  I then got $ 300 in 12/16.  I got another $ 300 thus farin 2017 and based on what a csr just told me I will get another $ 300 in 12/17.  I heard about some sort of change that happened this year but don't know what it is I only know what will happen to me.  I80, is this not your understanding of it?

Well the CSR is incorrect.  You won't get another one in December.  You only got the $300 this year because Chase changed the policy to card holder membership year not their closeout in December. You won't get another one until your membership anniversary again in 2018.

interesting, those csr's!  seems one could still get $ 300 2x if they were really motivated.  get the $ 300 in the first 12 months.  in month 13 the $ 450 fee hits, meet the $ 300 spend and then cancel or pc the card.  certainty not optimal but if all one wanted is the bleed the card its still possible.  I still think with the first year being $ 50 if one factors in the $ 300 and $ 100 for global entry the csr is still a better card for at least the first year.  one would lose 5k for the csp au and that is about it.  still thinking about those yummy pancakes I got on alaska last week with the pp

Message 22 of 48
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Does anyone know how long this pre-approval will be on my account for?

Just want to know if I can think about it for a few months while my AAoA grows and still be eligible for pre-approval.

Cheers!
AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

TCL: $571.05k CCs:23 AAoA: 6yr 1mo Util: ~1% Derog: 0

Mortgage: $215.1k Sonata Lease: $1.3k Palisade: $23.8k
Message 23 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back in January 2017, Chase removed in-branch preapprovals for the CSR -- not sure if they've reversed this since.  That means they could do the same for any other card.

DOC also has a Chase in-branch preapprovals FAQ worth reading.  Applying for one card you're preapproved for may drop all the other preapprovals.  There's some data points on not getting any new preapprovals for 6 months after applying for a card.

Not sure if preapprovals disappear on their own, tho.

Message 24 of 48
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

It's funny, I read that article before posting.

Thanks for sharing!
Cheers!
AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - $20k | | AmEx Cash Magnet - $20k | | Apple Card - $29k | | BofA Customized Cash - $96k | | BofA Customized Cash - $25k | | BofA Unlimited Cash - $30k | | CapOne Quicksilver - $16.25k | | CapOne Venture - $30k | | Chase Amazon - $26.7k | | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $24k | | Chase Freedom - $16k | | Chase Freedom Flex - $41k | | Citi Custom Cash - $17.9k | | Citi Rewards+ - $15.4k | | Discover It Cash Back - $18k | | Discover It Cash Back - $21.3k | |Discover It Travel - $14.5k | | Elan Max Cash Preferred- $15k | | PayPal Cashback Mastercard - $20k | | PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature - $12.5k | | PenFed Power Cash - $12.5k | | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $25k | | Wells Fargo Autograph - $25k
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 25 of 48
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Cashbackjunky wrote:
I've had my eye on the CSP for a bit now and told myself I'd just go see if I was pre approved, so I spoke to a banker while I was making a withdrawal in the bank.

He said I am pre approved for the CSP.
I'm at 5/24 with being on my girlfriends Venture as an AU, but I've read that in branch pre approvals usually override the 5/24 rule.

Can anyone who's had experience with the 5/24 rule and in branch pre approvals weigh in?

Any and all input on the subject is welcome.

Thanks!
Cheers!

I have read repeatedly in this forum and elsewhere that in-branch preapprovals override 5/24.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 26 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with what SJ said above.  There have been plenty of people > 5/24 that have been pre-approved in branch for Chase cards.  Even people > 10/24 and higher.  Same thing for co-branded cards or those that are not subject to 5/24.  The highest data point I've seen on that is someone that was 30/24 getting an approval. 

Message 27 of 48
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

What I'm most afraid of is Chase taking AA against me.

In the past 3 months I've acquired 4 new cards (9 total now) and added about $100k new credit to my profile (total is $156k now) through new credit cards and CLI's.

I've read of people acquiring "too much new credit" leading up to a Chase app, got approved, but a couple weeks later their new and existing accounts with Chase have been closed due to "to much new credit".

What does everyone think?
Cheers!
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 28 of 48
Cashbackjunky
Established Contributor

Scared of Chase AA - HELP!!

I'm Pre-approved for the Chase CSP, and I'm going to go in the branch after work today and apply.

In the past 3 months I've acquired 4 new cards (9 total now) and added about $100k new credit to my profile (total is $156k now) through new credit cards and CLI's.

I've read of people acquiring "too much new credit" leading up to a Chase app, got approved, but a couple weeks later their new and existing accounts with Chase have been closed due to "to much new credit".

I'm just conflicted, because I feel like they wouldn't Pre-approve me for something if they were going to take AA against me for taking the bait.

Cheers!
837 INQ:
836 INQ:
825 INQ:

Message 29 of 48
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Re: Scared of Chase AA - HELP!!

@Cashbackjunky wrote:
I'm Pre-approved for the Chase CSP, and I'm going to go in the branch after work today and apply.

I'm just conflicted, because I feel like they wouldn't Pre-approve me for something if they were going to take AA against me for taking the bait.

Cheers!

If you need the card then get it...if you don't then don't apply yet.

I woulddnt worry about something you can't contro ( AA ). Do what feels cozy to you at the moment.

One dedartment doesnt talk to the other, I have come to find out with banks... so you may get approved, pre approved and it doesnt mean they will not take action later.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.