Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario question

tag
Scott90
Contributor

Scenario question

I will be making a large purchase (couple thousand) and will be using my boa card since it has no interest until next July. My question is if I do not pay it off by then can I find another balance transfer deal where the card will be 0% interest and keep taking advantage like that? I figured that is fine to do but wanted to be sure. Thank you in advance guys!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Scott90
Contributor

Re: Scenario question

Bump
Message 2 of 3
noober0x
Established Member

Re: Scenario question

You technically can, and many people have done this and similar effects for "interest-gaining" rewards, where they would take out balance transfers and other intro APRs in very specific ways to deposit the free cash in the bank and earn some interest on it, all the while paying the minimum payments.  Then, when the offer is set to expire, they return all the money and PIF the card.  Only problem with doing what you propose is that you don't actually get rid of the debt, just move it around, so you may not qualify for another 0% APR balance transfer at the time if your utilization is still too high.  Other things to watch out for are balance transfer fees, so even if there's no APR on the BT, you can still get hit with a $29 fee or 3%.  Read the fine print.

Hope this helps!

Chase Sapphire Preferred - $18,000; Chase Freedom - $4,500; Chase Amazon - $3,000; Chase Ink Bold - NPSL; Amex Plum - NPSL; Amex True Earnings - $30,000; eBay Mastercard - $1,500; Capital One Platinum - $500; Logix Platinum Rewards - $15,000
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.