Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schwab American Express?

tag
kjonesjr00
New Contributor

Schwab American Express?

Does anybody know if the Schwab American Express Card is issued by Schwab or by American Express Centurion Bank? I’ve banked with Schwab since 2012, and have mutual funds and stocks with them. I also burned AE in our Ch. 13 BK. I was already turned down a few months ago by AE for previous member status. I didn’t want to burn a HP. I wasn’t sure if Schwab is like NFCU’s AE card. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Schwab American Express?

It’s issued by AMEX/Centurion.
Message 2 of 8
kjonesjr00
New Contributor

That's what I was afraid of. I wonder how long will I be blacklisted with them? We filed in Oct. 2012 and was discharged in Feb. 2018. Thanks. 

Message 3 of 8
MrCreditInternational
Frequent Contributor

It is an amex card (approval through amex and you use amex website/app)

Schwab Amex Platinum (NPSL); Amex Gold (NPSL); HH Aspire (31,700); Amex BBP (27,000); HSBC Premier WMC (18,000); USB Altitude Reserve (10,000); Chase Sapphire Preferred (5,800), Delta Platinum (5,000); Apple Card (4,750); USB Altitude Go (1,000)

Started collecting cards: Oct/2018
Message 4 of 8
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

I thought when you were on their BL, you didn’t get a HP when denied?

Yes, issued by AMEX.
Message 5 of 8
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@randomguy1 wrote:
I thought when you were on their BL, you didn’t get a HP when denied?

Yes, issued by AMEX.

@randomguy1, from what i have read, I believe you are correct .. but i am often wrong!

Message 6 of 8
kjonesjr00
New Contributor

Actually, I went back and looked at my inquiries, and AMEX didn’t do a HP. Does anyone know how long you’re blacklisted with AMEX? I burned them for about $17k. Thanks
Message 7 of 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@kjonesjr00 wrote:
Actually, I went back and looked at my inquiries, and AMEX didn’t do a HP. Does anyone know how long you’re blacklisted with AMEX? I burned them for about $17k. Thanks

My understanding is that it's often 10-15 years. Some people burn Amex for 6+ figures and are still waiting after 20.

Amex has been known to sometimes "suggest" a returning customer repay some or all of the old debt, even though it was discharged in bankruptcy. Those who decline to do so sometimes have their new accounts closed.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.