Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score: NFCU +10, DCU -10

tag
100down0monthly
New Contributor

Score: NFCU +10, DCU -10

3 weeks and 3 days ago I apped for a DCU savings account.  They sent a request for a utility bill, which I promptly emailed to them.  A week later, decided to follow up, and they claimed they didn't receive my email.  Sent it again.  Still NOTHING from them.  Not a very good first impression I must say.

As mentioned in another thread, I called to join NFCU, and after a 10 minute conversation with a rep became a member.  Savings and Checking....and preapproved for a cashrewards card.  This happened on a Friday.  The following Monday I get a nice call from a rep welcoming me.   A VERY GOOD first impression.

At this point, I totally regret wasting a HP on DCU.  If they can't even get a simple savings application right, I don't have much hope for future CS interactions with them.  I know many have had very good luck with them, but I just don't feel like I should be arsed to chase them around just to open a freakin' savings account.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
100down0monthly
New Contributor

Re: Score: NFCU +10, DCU -10

In all fairness to DCU, I again asked about my application via live chat.  AGAIN they asked me for the utility bill that I've already sent to them twice before.  Man, I regret that HP.

Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Sorry about the frustrations with joining DCU. Their membership dept has been hit and miss lately but once you are in I have no doubt you'll be satisfied.
Message 3 of 6
100down0monthly
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Sorry about the frustrations with joining DCU. Their membership dept has been hit and miss lately but once you are in I have no doubt you'll be satisfied.

I know Lexie.  I just think they need to get on the ball.  All 3 of my reports reflect my info I've provided them...and dragging it out by claiming "they haven't received my info" is just bordering ridiculous.

Message 4 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They have been dropping the ball for some lately. Their excuse is the influx of new member apps. Guess myFICO is really spreading the word.

Edit: typo
Message 5 of 6
100down0monthly
New Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
They have been dropping the ball for some lately. Their excuse is the influx if new member apps. Guess myFICO is really spreading the word.

That's quite possible.  I just don't get it in that all of my info is on my reports, and it takes so long to get an approval for a deposit account.  I don't have a single neg on my reports and my scores are: TU 751 (wally), EX 749 (lender pull), EQ haven't pulled a score from anywhere...but same info reporting across all 3. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.