Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score difference between GEMB and Myfico

tag
Christian123
New Contributor

Score difference between GEMB and Myfico

I need a root canal ASAP so my dentist suggested applying for care credit.  I applied and got denied due my bk discharge in Feb 2010. Not sure why I tried since I get turned down by everything GEMB, but I saw that others had success and thought I could too.

When I got the denial letter they showed my EQ score as 598 and I was shocked because I had not received any scorewatch alerts. I pulled my score from myfico.com the next day and it is still at 646. Is there a delay in myfico when you pull your score?  Has anyone experience this?

Thanks in advance.

Starting Scores 3/10---EQ 495, TU 505
5/13- EQ 720, TU 722, EX 696(Lender Pull)
Gardening since 5/2013 until 3/2014
Closed on dream home- 12/17/13
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Score difference between GEMB and Myfico

they may not have used a FICO score.

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Or if they did pull a FICO, then maybe it was a different version, an industry-specific version (e.g. bankcard-enhanced), or maybe a non-Classic like nextGen.

Message 3 of 6
Christian123
New Contributor

I see, thank you. I will have to research the other scores so I can get a better understanding.

Starting Scores 3/10---EQ 495, TU 505
5/13- EQ 720, TU 722, EX 696(Lender Pull)
Gardening since 5/2013 until 3/2014
Closed on dream home- 12/17/13
Message 4 of 6
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I don't trust any of these scores anymore!!  I am just going to continue paying off my debt and pay cash for everything from now on.  We'll see what happens in a few years to my scores.  If they go up because of less debt then great, if they don't...Oh well!!

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 5 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@dallasjetfan wrote:

I don't trust any of these scores anymore!!  I am just going to continue paying off my debt and pay cash for everything from now on.  We'll see what happens in a few years to my scores.  If they go up because of less debt then great, if they don't...Oh well!!

Both of these are excellent ideas! Being debt free should be #1 on all our lists of things to do today. IMHO

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.