Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratch One Capital One

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Scratch One Capital One

Beyond the sheer joy that it brings me to loose one low CL, something else was interesting, I got a 2 point gain in my FICO EQ score.

I closed it after a go around trying to do a PC change and they said no, so I got peeved and closed it LOL. I kept the 4 year Plat just because it had been open for a while.

I cant explain the 2 point increase as there was no balance and nothing else changed in the CR.

Could it be that it was only 8 months old and it knocked off something in the AAoA? I dunno, any thoughts?

Edited-  it wast EX, but EQ. came in on my SW

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Scratch One Capital One

2 points is meaningless.

Message 2 of 7
minimock
Frequent Contributor

All things considered I agree, however it was a gain all the same so maybe AAoA isnt calculated exactly as everone thinks.

Maybe it is calculated slightly different for open accounts vs closed accounts. I dunno, just thought I would throw it out for comments.

Message 3 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

CR can never be exactly the same,   All your accounts aged in that time. .

Message 4 of 7
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

My guess would be that it had something to do with the change in available credit (%utilization).

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's hard to say without more information being provided. My EQ score went from a 617 to a 618 in 2 days and nothing changed.

Message 6 of 7
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Probably just a glitch. I just thought it was strange. Any how its good to knock one low CL out. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.