Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears CLI

tag
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Sears CLI

Does anyone know if a request for a credit limit increase on a Citi issued Sears card is a hard or soft pull?  They are upgrading me to a MasterCard and I'd like to request the increase before the card gets issued.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Re: Sears CLI - Hard or soft pull

Does anyone know?

Message 2 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

@Kay_Cee wrote:

Does anyone know?

I've had my Sears card since 9/09 with a $3600 limit and have pressed the CLI link numerous times only to get the form.  Since its only a store card, to me, its not worth a 'hard' inquiry, so I never go through with the form.  I've read if one gets the form its a hard inquiry.   Also, you're the 2nd person that recently posted their card being upgraded to the Mastercard.  How are you all getting notified?  How long have you had the card?

Message 3 of 5
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I've had the card since 4/09 and I got a mailing from them a month or so ago saying they were going to change it to a MasterCard.  The card hasn't been issued yet but when they do if I don't opt out, they will deactivate store card and I'd have to reapply.  Since I only got the store card to purchase things there while I was working there part-time and supplementing my unemploymet, I won't bother with another store card.

I think I'll wait for the dust to settle on my Chase card and then try for the higher limit before the MC gets issued.

Message 4 of 5
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I would call CSR and ask myself to make sure if it's a hard/soft pulled. I asked that same question here when I wanted a CLI on my Chase card and was getting mixed infor. I contacted Chase myself and they told me it was a soft pulled.

Good luck !!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.