Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears HP twice

tag
Croselx
Contributor

Sears HP twice

I app'd for a Sears card last saturday and got insta approved for a $2.5k CL. The issue is that they pulled twice, few days apart. They pulled saturday (reported on Sunday on CK) and pulled again yesterday (reported today on CK). I did call to ask if this was the MC card and general info about CLIs, but NEVER asked for a CLI. I did add an authorized user.  The card doesn't even report the limit on CK yet!

Since I plan on going app-free for 6 months to a year it won't really affect me credit-wise, but it does bother me. To clarify: I didn't ask for a CLI, just general information if it is automatic (SP every 6 months), if I request one (any time and always HP), if it was the MC (not available to Puerto Rico) and if the authorized user reported to the credit agencies (yes).

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

Re: Sears HP twice

If they are both on the same report that's a little odd. If your also sure theres both HP on the same report I would call up and see about having one removed.

Message 2 of 3
Croselx
Contributor

Re: Sears HP twice

They are both HP and on transunion (can't check experian till next month on credit.com). I'm waiting for the card to report to see what the limit is in case I get an increase and will leave it at that if I do. If I get a denial I'll dispute it if I have a chance at getting it removed. How hard is it to get a CCC to remove a HP? I thought that HPs couldn't be removed by the CCC and I had to dispute it with the CRA.

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.