Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears MC replacement card

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sears MC replacement card

Hey guys, just found it interesting that i received a replacement card for my Sears MC due to me signing up for Thank You points. Had the Shop Your way only and figured let me change it up in case Sears ever goes buh bye and Citi wants to keep the card going for members.previous card Citi and mastercard were in white , now they are in dark blue. I felt a card in mail and was like ok what card did i forget i applied for lolSmiley Wink
20 REPLIES 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Sears MC replacement card

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey guys, just found it interesting that i received a replacement card for my Sears MC due to me signing up for Thank You points. Had the Shop Your way only and figured let me change it up in case Sears ever goes buh bye and Citi wants to keep the card going for members.previous card Citi and mastercard were in white , now they are in dark blue. I felt a card in mail and was like ok what card did i forget i applied for lolSmiley Wink

Interesting!

Did they give you the option to make it just a cash-back card?  If that PC is still available the card could be really interesting for the right person...  Smiley Happy

In any case good job on the PC to TYP... at this time the SYW program seems to be very likely to go away, so I definitely wouldn't want to be earning those. 

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Syw on the Sears MC sucks anyway - even if you want syw points, in the TYP portal you can transfer points to SYW at a 1:12 ratio. So you'd actually earn more SYW points by switching to TYP...except of course TYP are also far more flexible.

Curious to see if they send me a new card too, but I deenrolled from SYW back when I opened the card lol.
Message 3 of 21
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

Interesting that you got a blue card. I just did my replacement a couple months ago, after the bankruptcy, and it was still white. 

[2/2019]
Message 4 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh , sorry for the confusion jdbkiang, the card is still overall silvery. Just the Citi logo and the mastercard word under the MC Changed colors.

I have alot of bt offers on this card as well as the 10% back if i use it to buy gas, food, and another cat. Dont use the card much but its better than just having the store card lol.
Message 5 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Interesting!

Did they give you the option to make it just a cash-back card?  If that PC is still available the card could be really interesting for the right person...  Smiley Happy

In any case good job on the PC to TYP... at this time the SYW program seems to be very likely to go away, so I definitely wouldn't want to be earning those. 

Not sure  what you mean on a strsight cash back card UncleB but i just look for benefits online and saw you could sign up for TY points so i did it. Lol not sure ill ever spend enough to earn them but  a little better than nothingSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Sears MC is obviously not the only card I use, but forreals, I absolutely LOVE it.

Almost constant 10% statement credit for gas, groceries, restaurant.

What else is there to need in life?

Ok maybe a few things, but for day to day spending, I cannot seem to get it out of my wallet.

Only a month goes by until they send another email about 10% 

So I normally get some grocery gift cards for the month(s) that it runs out and then use them.

As long as card stays alive it will be my favs <3 haha

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

So when the card was enrolled in syw they just give you 10% cash back as a statement credit? I suppose now it'll be 10x TYP - but I recall reading somewhere it's 10x bonus TYP on top of 1x so it should be 11x TYP?? Still waiting for my 10x offers ;_;
Message 8 of 21
jdbkiang
Established Contributor

When I first got the card, I got a bunch of those offers too, but after i lost my card last summer and someone made $200 of fraudulent charges, I never got any more offers. It’s fine as an SD card but I wouldn’t even use it at Sears cause my BBP has a better return.

[2/2019]
Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, this card is only really good for the 10x offers lol - but if you get them, that alone makes it a spectacular card, whether it's 10% cash back or 10x TYP

Actually I do sometimes get emails from Sears that say 10% off when you use your Sears card, so that's pretty legit, if i were to buy at sears
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.