Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears MC targeted offer on unstructured spend

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sears MC targeted offer on unstructured spend

I got another targeted offer in today's mail on my TYP Sears MasterCard - 10,000 bonus TYP for eligible purchases totalling $2K or more made from 6/20 (or date of activation, whichever is later) - 7/19/2021 i.e. 12,000 TYP earned for $2K spend. Only purchases made after activation apply against the threshold.    This particular promotion is for unstructured spend, only their usual standard disclaimers like for example cash equivalents are listed as being ineligible. 

Sears MC offers tend to have multiple versions that differ in the threshold necessary to earn the reward and also with different types of bonus payout so even if your card is not a TYP earner you may still have been targeted but with a statement credit and a lower spend threshold. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sears MC targeted offer on unstructured spend

I get so many offers i cant keep track. 10%, 10x ,15x, bt offers, etc. Really wish i could spend to keep the card happy but for now $10 charges will have to doSmiley Wink

Message 2 of 7
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

I also received an unstructured spend offer via email on the same card today - receive 10% back as a statement credit up to $50 in credits for purchases made between 6/14/21 and 9/11/21.

Due to the unstructured nature of this offer (most offers I receive for the Citi Sears Mastercard require a minimum amount of spend on certain types of items), I probably will take my Citi Sears Mastercard out of the sock drawer.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 3 of 7
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

I don't understnd how citi makes money on this portfolio!! I am getting 15x typ until end of June (between $500-1000 in grocery gas and restaurant spend) and now an extra 5% statement credit ($1000 spend = $50 max, all categories) today through end of !une ON TOP OF the points. 

Message 4 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I don't know either but as long as the gravy train (not to be confused with the grAAvy train) keeps rolling and I can leverage the offers organically I'm not going to complain. 

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 7
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I got another USPS mailer today with the identical offer dating from 7/20 - 8/18/21 - 10,000 bonus TYP for $2K spend made after activation.  

About the only restrictions are on cash-like or gaming transactions and interest/account fees charged.

(3/2024)

$1M+ club

Message 6 of 7
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

They keep sending me 10% cashback on certain spending categories for statement credits

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.