Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears Solution Mastercard Payment Hold

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Sears Solution Mastercard Payment Hold

I did.... and I may have prime cards, but doesn't mean I have not really F' things up and can't get new prime cards.  I really just need to disappear for 3 years from credit market and come back clear of my bk and clear of my debt and then try this stuff again, but it's so fun getting approved but then I just hate them all because I'm use to dealing with real people at a real bank like USbank
Message 11 of 20
DI
Super Contributor

Now I understand. So you're not kidding about your profile name "Creditaddict".  Maybe putting a freeze on all of your credit reports would keep you from getting approve for more credit. You will be able to fill out all the credit applications you want and not have any inquiries.   At the same time you won't get approve since the creditors won't be able to pull your reports. 
Message 12 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have thought about it. I had my Experian frozen almost a year and within an hour of unfreezing it, I had applied for Householdbank Mastercard, Sears Marstercard and Best Buy Mastercard all pulling EX. oh and Citi back Sears Card and Sears Mastercard which both pulled EQ which now has about 15 inq.

about the only good thing out of this HSBC Sears card for the next year which I won't charge a $1 on is my Free EX Fico score that comes with it. 

Message 13 of 20
DI
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have thought about it. I had my Experian frozen almost a year and within an hour of unfreezing it, I had applied for Householdbank Mastercard, Sears Marstercard and Best Buy Mastercard all pulling EX. oh and Citi back Sears Card and Sears Mastercard which both pulled EQ which now has about 15 inq.

about the only good thing out of this HSBC Sears card for the next year which I won't charge a $1 on is my Free EX Fico score that comes with it. 

Good luck!  If you think you have enough credit you should seriously put a freeze on all of your reports.  You don't want those inquiries to cause you to have subprime FICO scores.  I have a freeze on all of my reports.  This time next year, I will have only 10 inquries on my EQ, and 0 on my EX and TU reports.   

Message 14 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have to move in a couple months, I will freeze them after that fact... moving was a real pain with my Ex froze... all apts seem to pull it
Message 15 of 20
DI
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
I have to move in a couple months, I will freeze them after that fact... moving was a real pain with my Ex froze... all apts seem to pull it

You can always temporarily remove the freeze.  I recently temporarily removed my EQ freeze for free for one month while I went on a mini app spree.  I needed to replace some cards.  Now the freeze is back active with all 4 CRA's.  

Message 16 of 20
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

CreditAddict,  HSBC does this to many customers at one time or another, and may have nothing to do with your account being new, etc...  They put a hold on releasing my available credit after making an electronic payment on their site a couple years ago as well.  It only happened one time, and I'd been with them for years, and the card was prime (Visa Elite).  The payment wasn't even that much...I'd charged and paid 5x that in prior billing cycles, but I was sporadic in my spending with them, so that could have been an issue.  I think it was a $300+ payment or something like that.   Just something quirky they do, and is NOT personal.  It actually freed up after about 5 days at most...was not a full 14 day hold as they told me it might be.

By the way, don't you get a real TransUnion bank-enhanced FICO score with that HSBC issued Sears card, as a perk?  I'd definitely keep it just for that, and if you've closed it already, maybe call them back and reopen it.

edited to change:  It's a TransUnion bank-enhanced FICO score I believe; not Experian.   Oops.  Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by TangMeister on 10-11-2009 02:47 PM
Message 17 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

TangMeister wrote:

CreditAddict,  HSBC does this to many customers at one time or another, and may have nothing to do with your account being new, etc...  They put a hold on releasing my available credit after making an electronic payment on their site a couple years ago as well.  It only happened one time, and I'd been with them for years, and the card was prime (Visa Elite).  The payment wasn't even that much...I'd charged and paid 5x that in prior billing cycles, but I was sporadic in my spending with them, so that could have been an issue.  I think it was a $300+ payment or something like that.   Just something quirky they do, and is NOT personal.  It actually freed up after about 5 days at most...was not a full 14 day hold as they told me it might be.

By the way, don't you get a real TransUnion bank-enhanced FICO score with that HSBC issued Sears card, as a perk?  I'd definitely keep it just for that, and if you've closed it already, maybe call them back and reopen it.

edited to change:  It's a TransUnion bank-enhanced FICO score I believe; not Experian.   Oops.  Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by TangMeister on 10-11-2009 02:47 PM

It's a TU credit-card-enhanced FICO score.

CA, it might be time to buy a pair of heavy-duty scissors. You're doing well on your snowball! Don't screw it up now!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

TU Enhanced... I wish I still had a credit card machine, I would charge .01 Each month to make them send me a statement all year.  I want them to have to spend money on my account for that annual fee that they do not deserve. I think I will add it to my paypal and do it!!

I can't wait until my USBank Signature is paid off and I can carry that as my every day use card but I told myself I could not carry it until it had a $0 balance! 

Message 19 of 20
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

HSBC really ought to be barred from issuing silly cards like Sears Solution MC and DM Discover. Subprime solutions for problems they otherwise offer solutions for. Why don't they use the money they are plowing into these cobranding agreements and do something semi-nice for their cardholders? I know, I know, that's entirely too much to ask for! Sorry!
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.