Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears stopped accepting American Express

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sears stopped accepting American Express

Anyone in the NE that's in their mid-30's or older remember Lechmere and Crazy Eddie's?  I loved those places.

Message 21 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@KJinNC wrote:

Isn't Sears on the list of department stores that get 2% off from some Amex cards like BCE? If so, kind of weird for Sears to drop Amex. But however you slice it ... Sears is a dead man walking.

Yes, but that's Amex paying out the 2%. Sears isn't a sponsor or participant, it just happens to be a department store that is included in the 2% category.

I wonder though.  Other stores could be on the list, so it's not impossible that there was some sort of agreement (as it should benefit the stores on the list).   That said, the OBC list of drug stores just seems to be the four biggest chains, so maybe that applies to department stores as well.

Message 22 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone in the NE that's in their mid-30's or older remember Lechmere and Crazy Eddie's?  I loved those places.

Just talking about Lechmere to my (20+ year old) daughter last week.   She only knows of Lechmere as a stop on the green line on Boston's MBTA.  "There was a store called Lechmere?" she said when my wife and I were remembering buying something there 30 years ago......

Message 23 of 27
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Over here on the West Side, we had Two Guys, White Front, The Treasury (owned by JCPenney), FedMart, Fedco, Gemco...

I remember Crazy Eddie's and The Wiz and Caldor from when I lived on Long Island.

Life seemed so much simpler with just BankAmericard, MasterCharge, Diners and Amex back then Smiley Indifferent

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, nostalgic.

The end cap on my local mall that's now a Best Buy was a Lechmere until the late 90s and prior to that was a Crazy Eddie until the late 80s.
Message 25 of 27
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I grew up in Jersey. I remember Crazy Eddy. Didn’t he get sent to prison?? LOL!

Message 26 of 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@blindambition wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I grew up in Jersey. I remember Crazy Eddy. Didn’t he get sent to prison?? LOL!

Yes he Did.. But please lets get back on subject of the post people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crazy_Eddie

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.