Second credit card? Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Second credit card? Help

I just saw my fico scorecard of 738 from discover app. Total # of accounts: 1
Length of credit: 6 months

I’m planning on getting a 2nd credit card with hopefully a higher CL because
I’m gonna have a “big” purchase soon. A good intro bonus would be nice. Was eyeing wells fargo propel amex card or chase freedom.

What cards can you recommend for me? Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Second credit card? Help

If you want better odds of approval, I would wait until you have a year of history under your belt before applying with Chase.  Have you tried any of the prequals for various sites?  You should try that first to see if anything pops up.  It is hard to recommend a card when nobody knows what your interests are.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your input. I have a discover it card right now CL of 1.5k that’s why I’m planning on getting a 2nd one. Basically I’m looking for a 0 AF cashback card with great intro.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you for your input. I have a discover it card right now CL of 1.5k that’s why I’m planning on getting a 2nd one. Basically I’m looking for a 0 AF cashback card with great intro.

Where do you think most of your spending will be?  That will help narrow down the recommendations.  Do you spend much on groceries, gas, restaurants, etc?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gas and groceries, also online shopping but i link my cc through paypal. I dont go out that much so i spend less on restaurants, ride sharing.
Message 5 of 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Try an Amex Blue Cash Everyday or a Cash Magnet. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.