Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secret to Cap1 CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secret to Cap1 CLI?

Long time customer of CO here, but I can't seem to get another increase. The reason was that my payments weren't big enough. Is there a secret to getting CLI? I understand more than minimum, but how much more??
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Re: Secret to Cap1 CLI?

We need more info like how long have your card?  How much do you owe on the card?

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 2 of 8
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Great question?!

I want to know the same thing too! Cap One has no love for me either (still sitting at the same amount). I would like to know as well!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 3 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Long time customer of CO here, but I can't seem to get another increase. The reason was that my payments weren't big enough. Is there a secret to getting CLI? I understand more than minimum, but how much more??

Try like PIF.?. ( EX....my payments have always been between $1500-$2800). 

There for awhile, I was using my card for everything....and then PIF before the statement cut, then I started letting the statement cut, and then PIF right after. 

Also, for future reference...this should be in the CC section, not in approvals, since there hasnt been a CLI or approval of any kind yetSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@oldman425 wrote:

We need more info like how long have your card?  How much do you owe on the card?

+1

Message 5 of 8
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Generally they like lots of usage and large payments. This is almost always the method used by many of us to obtain decent CLI's. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heavy usage and PIF equates to profits for the creditor with almost no risk.  This is the ideal type of customer and one that would likely position themselves for the best CLI opportunities.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my card for years now. Probably about 6 years. There is a large balance about $2000 for each of the 3 cards.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.