Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured B of A?

tag
hautemama
Regular Contributor

Secured B of A?

Hi All.  I;ve posted before re: my credit situation.  I need your expert advice on what to do with my cards.  I have already started paying down my debt, reducing utilization, etc.. I've read that opening a few new accounts will help.  I recently applied and received a new Hooters card with a CL of $1000.  Should I go ahead and open a secured B of A card? I got denied about a month ago for their Platinum Plus card.. Will they need to re run my credit??

Also, I have about 9 store CC's, and about 3 regular credit cards.. All in good standing.  I know that this is a lot, so should I close the store cards or is leaving them open a good thing.. (length of credit history) And also the CL's are included in the utilization..
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured B of A?

The general census here is not to close a credit card UNLESS it is costing you money just to have it. Like annual fees, monthly fees, obscene interest rates, etc.

Closing an account helps you in no way what so ever. I'd say keep them, and put them in your sock drawer, or some place safe and use them a couple of times a year.

If you applied for a BoA Platinum Plus Visa and were denied, did you get a counter offer for their "Partially Secured Platinum Visa"?

If you applied online, you would have received the counter offer right on the denial page.

If you did not even get a counter offer, then chances are your scores were to low to meet that criteria.

What are your FICO scores btw? Care to share?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.