Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured BOA Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured BOA Card

Hi all,

Has anyone had experience with the secured visa from BofA? I recently opened one ($500 limit) and I use it every day (and pay it off the next). Have they offered you any CLI's? How long did it take before they did?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured BOA Card

I also have a secured BOA Visa card. I don't think they will offer you a cli because it is a secured card.
From reading this forum and others, they will make it a unsecured card and return your deposit after 1 year. Just continue doing what you are doing. This is a great card for building and rebuilding credit.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a fully secured card and waited 1 year and called to get it graduated. I have read it may be possible at 9 months. I never tried to request a cli on my secured. Once graduated I typically request and get cli through online luv button once per 6 months sometimes sooner. Got one recently just under 5 months since last one YMMV.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks@ I didn't realize when I posted that were about 8 gazillion threads on this very same topic. LOL
Message 4 of 11
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi Our House 404, I also have a secured card with BOA I opened my account in 9/07 can I ask you this question when you opened up your account does it say emerging platinum plus secured visa. the reason why I am asking  there has been discussions on this forum on what emerging means as there has been discussion this is a new name or when you have your card close to 9 to 12 months that your card is having a new meaning.

What was told to me when I spoke with a cc representative at the bank he stated at the 9th month I could go into the bank and ask for a review for graduation. I only have a $300 limit although I pay on my card every month faithfully and it is a very good card for rebuilding many banks do not have secured credit lines for visa's at all.  Good Luck you are doing the right thing and before you know it your card will be unsecured, as I am hoping mine's well.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 11
Roxlie
Contributor

I opened a BofA secured card yesterday. I was hoping to get a 99/500 deal but alas..anyway..mine is listed as Emerging Platinum Visa.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan on getting the secured as well, no offer for 99/500 Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the full secured in 09/06 with $1,000. Got unsecured in 8 months and have got many CLI's to get my limit to the current $15,000! They even changed it to the worldpoints so I have rewards as well. I have had no problems with BofA, I have recommended it to so many people that I should be on the payroll.:-)
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The emerging tag is not exclusive to secured products. I graduated from secured to unsecured in DEC07 they started adding that tag a month or so later to my unsecured product. It remained that way until recently this week my card displays as BofA Platinum Plus Visa. The emerging tag is gone. Only things I changed recently was I asked for and recieved a cli from 800-1100 and also had them tack on the worldpoints program to my existing card. Could be unrelated coincidence or I have passed some internal metric. Oh my apr dropped 2 points also this month.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

RGordon nice.. has your credit changed dramatically since you got the secured?  Or did you have pretty good credit at the time.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.