Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured CC Suggestions

tag
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Secured CC Suggestions

I am looking for a guaranteed approval secured credit card where I can deposit $1000. I was turned down for a secured Cap1 even though I have an unsecured card with them! I just would like to make in the inquiry worth it and build my credit. ...and maybe something that will gain some interest??

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Re: Secured CC Suggestions

Thats a very odd situation. Why did cap one deny you the secured card? I believe sdfcu has a secured card with no hard pull but it will never graduate.
AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 2 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Cap1 denied me for a secured card when I first started out too, then approved me for a $3000 unsecured card. They're an odd one. 

If you happen to bank with any of the big banks you could try them. Wells fargo seems to approve most people for their cards as long as they bank with them. The bank of america secured is also another good card. 

Details on your credit report would help us to make more fitting suggestions?

Do you know your score? any derogs? 

Message 3 of 9
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

My fico scores are Eq-523, TU-551, Ex, 579 as of last week. But they were less than that when I applied for the cap1 secured a few months ago. My credit is a mess with open and closed collections and a lot of inquiries from buying a car. But it is all from over a year ago and no lates in the past 12 months. I think at this point I don't mind if it graduates or not.
Message 4 of 9
IWOL
Established Contributor

Check out SDFCU. They offer a great secured card that has the lowest rate I've seen. I believe it's 6.99%. From what I understand there is no hard pull for the secured card.

You have to join first to apply but anyone can join with a small donation to a association.

I don't have the card but I wish I knew about it when I needed secured cards. You can open it with a CD as security so you will also ears half decent interest rate on your deposit, well by today's standards anyways. You also earn points on the secured card for the Flex Points system and it has an EMV chip.

Just google State Department Fedral Credit Union and you can find info on the card on their site.

The only downside is that it does not graduate, but it seems to have the best terms of any secured card out there.

Message 5 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@IWOL wrote:
Check out SDFCU. They offer a great secured card that has the lowest rate I've seen. I believe it's 6.99%. From what I understand there is no hard pull for the secured card.

You have to join first to apply but anyone can join with a small donation to a association.

I don't have the card but I wish I knew about it when I needed secured cards. You can open it with a CD as security so you will also ears half decent interest rate on your deposit, well by today's standards anyways. You also earn points on the secured card for the Flex Points system and it has an EMV chip.

Just google State Department Fedral Credit Union and you can find info on the card on their site.

The only downside is that it does not graduate, but it seems to have the best terms of any secured card out there.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ on the money 

Does not HP the only ding would be when it reports as a new TL

OP word of advice tho ........Nothing not even secured cards are guaranteed approvals but this is by far one of the easiest and your best chance for what you want 

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 9
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

1 on SDFCU Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 9
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Thanks I am going to give it a try this evening! Especially since it is SP!

Message 8 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@anca21bi wrote:

Thanks I am going to give it a try this evening! Especially since it is SP!

Good luck and best wishes 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.