Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Card: Bofa or Wells Fargo?

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Secured Card: Bofa or Wells Fargo?

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

Thank you very much!! My first prime card (even though it's secured) and very excited.

Congrats!!! and treat it good and you could even get an auto CLI (without a deposit) just like they did to my account.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 21 of 25
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I always thought, "okay a secured credit card? That should be easy approval?" But from what I've been reading here, a secured prime card can also deny you as well. So I'm just fortunite that they gave me this opportunity. Questions? Is it better to have a revolving balance every month and pay double the minimum or is it better to pay balance in full every month? Thank you.

Message 22 of 25
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

How long did it take for your cli?

Message 23 of 25
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

I always thought, "okay a secured credit card? That should be easy approval?" But from what I've been reading here, a secured prime card can also deny you as well. So I'm just fortunite that they gave me this opportunity. Questions? Is it better to have a revolving balance every month and pay double the minimum or is it better to pay balance in full every month? Thank you.

It is always better to PIF the balance by the due date every month.   Interest charges are expensive and they only help the bank make more profit.

Message 24 of 25
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I thought so as well. Thanks

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.