cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Card Suggestions?

tag
MuntyFresh

Secured Card Suggestions?

I recentely started applying for credit cards (2 to be exact) one with bofa (my current bank) & another that was far-fetched. After being denied the bofa cash rewards I've decided to go for a secured. However, I'd like to know what cards you guys would suggest.

Pros and cons of each would be nice with your final suggestion.

I'd really appreciate any and all feedback!

Thanks,
Miriam (EX=565) (I have no established credit at the moment)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Secured Card Suggestions?

BoA has a secured card that graduates. Cap 1 -pulls all three credit bureaus; SDFCU does not graduate but does not require a HP. 

Message 2 of 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Wells Fargo also has a secured card, but it's really hit-or-miss if it graduates into something unsecured down the road.  If the BoA denial is recent, I would call and ask if they would consider you for their secured card with the HP you already took.

Message 3 of 4
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

BOA go for it. Best secured card out there just make sure you do the pc to 123 rewards after they approve you for the regular card. U can call or do it thru a chat I believe. Also look at your local credit union mine has no anual fee which is great and can graduate just like boa.

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.