cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Cards Approval Odds to help Credit Score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured Cards Approval Odds to help Credit Score?

OP, if your true Fico 8's are close to those scores, you may have a chance at unsecured cards from capital one and synchrony (walmart).

Cap1 pulls all 3 CRAs. I got my capital one unsecured platinum with scores 550 and under. Synchrony walmart pulls TU and I was approved with a 595. My cap1 unsecured approval scores are the lowest I've seen on here though. I'd check their pre qual page. It's known to be pretty accurate on your chances. Good luck!
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have mentioned, first check pre-quals. You might be able to score a unsecured card like the QS from Cap1. If you can't, I recommend grabbing the Discover Secured and the Cap1 Secured.

I really love Discover, they have superb customer service and are awesome to deal with when/if you have any problems. Also, they generally graduate their secured card up to a Discover IT after 7 months of regular use and on-time payments.

Best of luck OP!

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all so much! I got approved for a Capital One Platinum Card! Better than nothing. I'm actually really happy it's a start haha. I'm going to wait for a little bit and try for a Discovery It Secured Card next!!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.