cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Cards - Can You Be DENIED???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Secured Cards - Can You Be DENIED???

"Whew! I'll never understand why banks/ CCC's don't step in and shut things down a lot sooner, and protect themselves."

I'm convinced this is why AMEX is going nutso with the F/Rs. They are taking steps to prevent potential problems before they happen.

Granted, AMEX does it in such a ham-handed way that it is like curing the disease by killing the patient....but still...
Message 11 of 15
JeffWeico
Valued Member

Just a quick update... I am GUESSING that I have been approved by Bank of America, as they cashed my check for $1,000. If not, I guess they will send a check back to me for that amount.

EQ - 586
EX - 578
TU - Not enough accounts to produce a score.

Bank of America checked only my Experian report.

Jeff
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 13 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Thanks, Jeff --we've been a bit short on score feedback for the BofA fully secured.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
What score do we need to get the National City Secured card?

From what I've been told the only person they deny is someone not yet discharged from bankruptcy. So score doesn't seem to matter eventhough they do pull a hard.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.