Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Secured Credit

I am in the process of trying to restablish credit ..I am unable to get an unsecured credit card because I have insufficient credit history. I tried BOA secured card, but they denied me because i have one derogatory mark on my report, a school loan which I am currently disputing the amount, all my other bad items have been removed from credit. My credit union will give me a secured $500 loan, I really don't want to tie up $500 of my money right now though. I had thought about applying for the Orchard Bank Secured card...I would just like some input on what is the best secured card to get. Thanks!

My scores on True Credit are TU: 593, Experian:635, Equifax: 591

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Secured Credit

Be sure to pull your two FICO scores. Your FICO scores will likely be higher than your scores from TC. Based on the higher score, I would selectively app for a CC that would likely pull that CRA. Also make sure your FICO is above 600 before considering an unsecured CC.

I personally would skip the loan. It really won't help. Does your CU offer a secured CC? Orchard secured isn't bad. I had them. Citi, US Bank, , and other CUs also offer a secured CC.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.