cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secured NFCU nRewards Card Graduated!!!!!

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Secured NFCU nRewards Card Graduated!!!!!

My statement cut today at NFCU and while this morning my card was still listed as alway as Secured nRewards it changed at some point today to being listed as nRewards only.  No notification, deposit is not available as yet.  Could this be a graduation?  Still shows $5k limit.

Received the card in Sept, 2016 with $1k depost and a 408 FICO.  I increased it to $5k last year and have a 591 FICO now at month 26.  I did get my first offer from the my offers tab over the weekend for their Flagship but thought that they certainly had made a mistake.  I will be breaking through 600 soon and was going to wait to app for an unsecured card with them after having a higher score.

UTL, 0% and until today, this was the only CC reporting aside from EX which just reported my secured Discover today.  I also have a paid down SSL with NFCU.  If this turns out to be real, I'll post full DP's. So what do you think?  Did I just graduate? 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Secured nRewards now says just listed as nRewards

Have you tried calling them or sending them a secured message? That's your best bet to confirm what displays online.
Message 2 of 14
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

Check your savings account and see if the 5K is a part of your available balance. If so your card has been unsecured. Good luck.
Message 3 of 14
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

As of this morning... The $5k is available. I guess they did indeed graduate me.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 4 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, thats amazing. Im impressed they already have a credit card offer in your offers. Like Penfed all i ever see is standard advertisingSmiley Sad. Happy Holidays Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 14
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

I was shocked. But I can only guess that two years of use and paying in full matters with them. Maybe it is that legendary NFCU internal scoring model in action?

Perhaps that Flagship offer was real. I still think that it might be best to go for that card or another Navy card after breaking above 600. That will be happening soon and am 2 years away from completely clean reports.

I had been thinking that I might get a smaller SL unsecured before they graduated my 5k secured card. I must say it feels good to be rewarded like this even before my secured discover reported. I am in secured / unsecured limbo right now and have to really think about what my third card should be.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 6 of 14
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

If the Flagship is there, it's a solid offer. I have over 55k lines with them and I don't even get the advertising. My util is too high. I'd jump on the Flagship. That could be what gets you over the 600.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 7 of 14
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

I have not seen the offer for a couple days. It did say good until 12/31/18 though. I am out at the moment but may call later. So even with a 591 Fico 09??

Question,. When you have two rewards cards, are they combined?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 8 of 14
WD2005
Contributor

I just graduated as well. 5th statement cut this week and I actually found out by getting a Credit Karma alert. They upped me to $2K. I took the $500 and paid down another credit card. 

Message 9 of 14
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

Re: Secured NFCU nRewards Card Graduated!!!!!

Congratulations on your account graduating!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.